Main - Championship - INFINITY - Cup - User tournaments - Rating games - Rules
- A game of Y, the object being to connect the three sides of a triangle. The difference lies in the fact that the pieces are letters rather than âstonesâ.
- Letter tiles are colored black/white on opposite sides.
- First player gets to choose his (randomly generated) rack.
- Players form words with letter tiles from their rack and possibly but not necessarily letters already on the board.
- At the end of player's turn, letters used from the rack are replaced randomly from a pool of known letters.
- The letters placed on the board must form a new word, but may be a single letter if player is unable to find a word. Note that (unlike Scrabble) letter exchanges are not permitted.
- There is no preferred direction of play - words may be âwrittenâ right to left, in circles etc. The words do not have to touch words/letters already on the board.
- Letters that touch letters already on the board do not have to form a word.
- If the player uses one or more of his opponent's letters to form a word, that player can choose one of these letters to "flip" to his own color.
- However, if the word is placed in a straight line, all the used opponentâs letters "flip".
- When a player makes a winning play (âAtariâ, indicated by a +), opponent has one additional move to break the connection. The software at Little Golem does not permit a play that fails to break the connection after an âAtariâ.
- The word list used for verification is SOWPODS.