Mindless procrastination Gomoku, Connect6

9 replies. Last post: 2009-12-07

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Mindless procrastination
  • chianti at 2009-10-09

In this championship game, two Taiwanese players, very accomplished according to their ratings, seem to play a childish game of not willing to end their match.

This is curious and highly unusual at this ability level. Any explanations?

• Ray Garrison ★ at 2009-10-09

Perhaps the players decided that they would like to agree to a draw, so they discussed it and agreed, and to achieve the draw, they just play random moves until they reach move 150.

Although this is the likely reason, it seems like it may be a mistake as givemesix could tie for first in the tournament if he wins the game, and there seems to be plenty of play left in the position, but maybe he is playing a friend or something.

I think that a draw offer option would be a very good thing for connect 6 (and gomoku) and would help speed up the championship cycles.

• chianti at 2009-10-09

In my view givemesix has a clear edge in this game. If he/she wants a draw instead of trying to win, then he/she loses his/her bid to win the championship in a tie. A draw would be definitely better for me because then I would be the sole winner of a championship in a game (connect6) where I am quite far from the top-ranked players. Why would they let me do it?

• MarleysGhost ★ at 2009-10-09

Discussing a game in progress?

• chianti at 2009-10-09

No. Discussing a show presented by two nicks of the same person, as it turned out. It is not about the game, it is about the show.

• quartastella at 2009-10-11

“two nicks of the same person” That's not nice.

• Wang Zhiguo at 2009-11-29

I also think so :

that a draw offer option would be a very good thing for connect 6 (and gomoku) and would help speed up the championship cycles.

• euhuang ★ at 2009-12-03

Maybe in this tournament, they don't want me to share a tie of the Champ.

• chianti at 2009-12-07

Well, I happen to be the beneficiary of this weird show, but if instead of a tie u2b won over givemesix, the tournament could have ended much earlier, with practically the same result. Anyway, it was a whole month ago.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic