Another real time tournament? TWIXT PP

3 replies. Last post: 2020-12-27

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Another real time tournament?
  • David J Bush ★ at 2020-12-23

I’m trying to stir up some interest for more real time Twixt. Boardspace.net has some new time controls. The time can count DOWN now and for a tournament, will impersonally forfeit a player who oversteps. There is increment per move available. The fastest increment game is 2 minutes per player per game plus 10 seconds increment per move. That’s twice as sane as Ludoteka. Note that standard rules are implemented on Boardspace. It could be a challenge to rearrange your links as you wish within 10 seconds of increment on a cell phone, which Boardspace does have an app for.

Please let me know what sort of time control you would like, what day would be good for you for a tournament, etc. Maybe we could do this in January?

I would also like to get some sort of weekly meet time for casual play, on either Boardspace or Game Center.

• shyryan ★ at 2020-12-23

I’d be interested! In both tournament and casual play. Maybe 15 minutes per side, like at MSO?

• David J Bush ★ at 2020-12-27

How about 10 minutes per player per game plus 10 seconds increment per move? This is standard Twixt, not PP. Sometimes link removal is required, and I think at least 10 seconds should be allowed for that instead of some mad time scramble. I’m sure we can work something out. I hope to see you on Game Center.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic

Include game board: [game;id:123456] or [game;id:123456;move:20] or [game;id:123456;move:20;title:some text]