Meanwhile in Venice... TWIXT PP

10 replies. Last post: 2020-01-06

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Meanwhile in Venice...
  • technolion at 2019-12-27

Please take a moment to pay tribute to the great Alex Randolph, creator of Twixt.

A friend just visited his grave in Venice, Italy.

What do you think is the message of the Twixt peg setting on his grave?

• thesheepman at 2019-12-28

Perhaps they are his initials? To me, the larger pegs look like an 'R' and the smaller an 'A'.

• KPT at 2019-12-28

What a beautiful grave.

My respect to RA

• struggler at 2019-12-29

Wow, that's a “cool” grave indeed!

• Ban Dumb Motorways at 2019-12-29

a both directions, no removal, same number of moves, draw

• CosimoC at 2020-01-06

For a nice coincidence, I was in the Veneto region and I went to the San Michele Cemetery in Venice on last Dec 31st. I firmly wanted to lay down my Twixt Gold Medal at the 2019 Mind Sport Olympiad in London on his grave. It is the same Gold Medal that he won in 1997, in the first Mind Sport Olympiad Twixt competition.

However, the symbol that the artisan tried to reproduce on his grave is indeed the logo that he used on his paper, and that was a sort of his signature. He was intrigued by the Chess Knight movement, and he draw some artistic pictures using this scheme. It is this one.

I am intrigued by the friend of Technolion that went there, and I would like to make some questions to him, to improve my research about this extraordinary man. He can contact me also in a private conversation.

• DrJochum at 2020-01-06

What you see on the grave and what Randolph used on his business card ist a “Turnible”. He invented it as a pasttime and a form of art.

You draw two lines with jumps of a knights move in two different colors.

It is described in the book “Die Sonnenseite”.

And he describes it in this video at minute 3: https://vimeo.com/39922633

• DrJochum at 2020-01-06

Return to forum

Reply to this topic