championship 53 is back to standard TWIXT PP

15 replies. Last post: 2020-03-27

Reply to this topic Return to forum

championship 53 is back to standard
  • David J Bush ★ at 2019-05-02

Thanks to Richard for hearing out plea.

Twixtbot is in 3rd league through no fault of its owner. My sympathies to its opponents in that section.

Can anyone please tell us what is up with Maciej or his brother Michal (spd_iv)?

• Galdian at 2019-05-03

I'm quite surprised, that I'm not participating in this championship; is it possible, that I was somehow unregistered by system, or I just don't remember the fact of unregistering?

• TwixtBot at 2019-05-03

On an unrelated note, is it time for TwixtBot to retire from the infinity cup?

• David J Bush ★ at 2019-05-03

Wow, you won your division with a perfect score. All I can think of is, maybe you clicked on the unregister button? Richard, can you access the system log file?

• TwixtBot at 2019-05-03

I am talking about the infinity game, which is basically a ladder?  I seem to have made it to the top with no challengers in sight?  Maybe I should drop out gracefully at this point?

• MisterCat ★ at 2019-05-04

David is responding to Galdian, not to Twixtbot.

Infinity IS a ladder, and the 'punishment' for winning is to play tougher and tougher opponents.  That tough opponent COULD be Twixtbot, or could have been any of the top players at LG who have made it to the top.  Thing is - for some players, playing against an AI is a frustrating waste of time, and are not inclined to do it; for other players, playing against an AI can be viewed as a challenge, and useful learning experience.  BOTH points of view seem valid, to me.

But I don't play in Infinity.  I guess this question would need to be fielded by some of the players in the tournament, and I hope they do.

For Twixtbot, it would appear that you have 'made your point', by surging through Infinity and making it to the top with no problem.  Perhaps you SHOULD retire, then, with nothing left to prove??  However, you have not yet made it to the top of the ratings list, and you have not yet won the Twixt championship.  I would assume that you are headed in that direction.  Once achieved, my opinion is that you SHOULD retire from rated competition and tournaments, but not retire completely - as I think that many players here will enjoy the challenge and learning experience of playing you.

(meow)

• David J Bush ★ at 2019-05-04

Uh yes, MC is correct, I was responding to Galdian. Sorry TB, I guess we posted at almost the same time.

I started a different thread for the Infinity Cup.

• kspttw at 2020-03-26

Why there is no new championship?

• MisterCat ★ at 2020-03-26

eobllor won ch.55.3.2only 47 hours ago; give it a little time.

mc

• MisterCat ★ at 2020-03-26

Each Championship Tournament begins one week after all games from all leagues have been played in the previous Championship.

• David J Bush ★ at 2020-03-26

Sometimes it starts sooner than that.

• kspttw at 2020-03-26

Thanks, I thought it was finished 2 months ago :-)

• ypercube at 2020-03-27

56 players in total.

• ypercube at 2020-03-27

TwxtBot is not playing on this one.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic