free MSO sponsored Hex championships, to be played in real time on BGA Hex, Havannah

2 replies. Last post: 2021-06-21

Reply to this topic Return to forum

free MSO sponsored Hex championships, to be played in real time on BGA
  • David J Bush ★ at 2021-06-20

Here's the provisional schedule

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pQXPB22KOnK0srAHgnwh…

Notice that on Friday 27 August there is Hex11 in the afternoon slot and Twixt in the evening slot.

There is a growing contingent of Japanese players who would like to play in the Twixt event, maybe 5 to 10 of them. Unfortunately, the evening slot of 7:30 p.m. British time which is GMT+1 corresponds to 3:30 a.m. the morning of the 28th Tokyo time. Of course there is no way to please everyone. Maybe there is a large contingent of Asian or Australian Hex players also.

Generally, Japanese people do not complain about whatever situation they are in. And in truth, I do not know which time slot any of them would prefer. I'm making a big assumption and probably being a jerk here. All I know is that if I had to play Twixt at 3:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning, I would not likely be able to play my best.

I have emailed Etan Ilfeld at the MSO about this. My proposal is for the Hex11 tourney and the Twixt tourney to switch slots. The afternoon slot is four hours earlier, 11:30 p.m. in Tokyo.

So, what do you Hex players who wish to play in the Hex11 tourney think about this?

• David J Bush ★ at 2021-06-21

UPDATE: Etan did it! the time slots for Hex11 and Twixt have been swapped. So Hex11 now starts four hours later.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic