Draughts and Dameo Draughts, Checkers

13 replies. Last post: 2016-02-13

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Draughts and Dameo
  • Diamante at 2016-01-11

They have the same qualification dameo and draughts???

• christian freeling at 2016-01-11

What do you mean by “qualification”?

• Diamante at 2016-01-11

Rating!

• christian freeling at 2016-01-11

You mean that in both games players start at 1500?

• Diamante at 2016-01-11

My question is if they are going to take the same ranking both games or go separately

• christian freeling at 2016-01-12

I didn't realise this was an issue. They are separate games. Related for sure, but separate. Although it might for some be seen as a compliment at Dameo's address if it would share the same ranking with International Draughts, I feel they should be ranked separately indeed.

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2016-01-12

Ratings are calculated separately.

• Diamante at 2016-01-12

Thanks Richard

• Kerry Handscomb at 2016-01-12

In my view, the various types of Shogi played here also need separate rankings, but to an even greater degree. It's not urgent, but something that always struck me as a strange anomaly.

• christian freeling at 2016-01-17

To have the rules of Dameo here at LG would also seem a reasonable addition.

• Ray Garrison at 2016-02-07

Seems that it would be prudent for dameo to be a separate tournament category from draughts since it is significantly different from draughts and has its own rating.  As it is now, dameo ratings do not show up on a players profile.  But if it was made to have its own category, then it would.  what do others think?

• christian freeling at 2016-02-08

I agree. The structural difference with Draughts may not be all that big, but it is certainly significant.

• christian freeling at 2016-02-13

I use mac OSX and in Dameo games multiple captures in which a square must be visited or traversed twice are not accepted by the program. I don't know if it's Mac specific, because I've also seen games by other players where it poses no problem. Nor do I know if Draughts has the same problem. Anyway, in either game a square _may_ be traversed more than once during a capture, but a piece may not be jumped more than once.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic