International Draughts Draughts, Checkers

10 replies. Last post: 2016-01-14

Reply to this topic Return to forum

International Draughts
  • Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2015-12-28

International Draughts was added. Next versions of Draughts/Checkers will be added in next year.

• ypercube at 2015-12-29

Great!

• Rex Moore at 2015-12-29

Thanks, Richard!

Do you have a link to the exact rules you implemented? The current link to the Wikipedia article has many variants.

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2016-01-04

I added English Draughts Variant !

• milesd at 2016-01-04

Thank you very much. Please continue with the great job

• Carroll at 2016-01-04

I don't get it, I thought International Draughts were the french variant?

English Draughts is called checkers and is played on 8x8. The Kings are not powerful like in International Draughts and pawns can not take backwards.

Can someone provide a table with the current rules?

• Ray Garrison at 2016-01-04

I am not sure, but the rules seem to stated correctly at the wikipedia page link.  I guess we will find out eventually what the exact rules are.  But it seems clear enough to me.  Go to “tournaments” then “draughts” then at the top of the tournament page, click “rules” then the wikipedia link.  In the table, you will see rules for international draughts and also English draughts (aka American checkers, which is the game I am familiar with)

• Carroll at 2016-01-04

yep I went there and the international draughts rules are the contrary of checkers or English draughts, hence my confusion!

• Ray Garrison at 2016-01-04

Richard implemented both variations.  English version is on smaller board with 12 pieces each to start and with limited King powers.  International is played on larger board with 20 pieces each to start, and “flying kings”

• mmKALLL ★ at 2016-01-14

Now that there has been some time for the new game to settle, come and join the first user tournament, starting on 1st of February!

http://littlegolem.net/jsp/games/gamedetail.jsp?gtid=draughts&page=ut

Return to forum

Reply to this topic