Last LYNGK Tournament was months ago TZAAR, DVONN, LYNGK

7 replies. Last post: 2023-03-07

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Last LYNGK Tournament was months ago
  • psikonauta at 2023-03-04

How come?

• Ray Garrison at 2023-03-05

On tournament page, for Lyngk it says “starts June 1”. It appears the last championship started June 1 2022 and the next one will start June 1 2023? Yet all games in the last championship have been completed for some time now. I think this may be an issue with other games as well (I note Ocean's Eleven states “starts Dec. 1”. One year is a long time to wait for some games that play fast, like Lyngk. Maybe contact the webmaster and ask if this was his intention?

• Mojmir Hanes ★ at 2023-03-06

As far as I know the frequency changed from 'next month on 1st after championship finished' to once yearly - see also Tournament calendar (you can find link to it on the top of the Tournaments section as well)

• psikonauta at 2023-03-06

Oh, I see. That's quite a change, and it seems a bit extreme! I'd say at least 2 or 3 championships a year would be alright.

• Rex Moore at 2023-03-06

I think once-yearly championships will be a poor experience, with a lot of games timing out. People will sign up, nothing happens for a long time, and they forget about it and stop checking in. Than their games start many months later and…

The ladder experience has been frustrating as well because inactive players aren't removed. In Tzaar, I'm sitting through my second straight game waiting for my non-existent opponent to time out.

• Mojmir Hanes ★ at 2023-03-06

Fully agree with you, should be at least 2-3 times a year

• Nagy Fathy at 2023-03-07

It is simple, if the championship will be once a year, let us have our own championships as many times as we want. User tournaments will me a very nice compromization.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic