All time best movie Game of Empathy

12 replies. Last post: 2006-03-16

Reply to this topic Return to forum

All time best movie
  • Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2006-03-15

So many Go players there, and no vote for famous “Hikaru No Go” !

• Ed Collins at 2006-03-15

To me, the most surprising thing about today's expression is that no one other than myself said, “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” (And yet several people listed “Indiana Jones” which isn't the name of a movie at all!)

:(

• Nagy Fathy at 2006-03-15

On a site full of beautiful minds who are playing on this site, noone (but me) voted for the great movie “Beautiful mind”.

• BIG BAD WOLF at 2006-03-15

To list a movie with “The” or not.

It hurt me when I listed Godfather (instead of TheGodfather)

But did help me when I listed Lordoftherings (intead of theloardoftherings)

• Ed Collins at 2006-03-15

Nagy, I believe the full title is, “A Beautiful Mind” and it looks like three people listed that.

I noticed at least ten answers were listed that were not the actual title of the movie. “E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial”, “Harry Potter and the…“, “The Terminator”, “The Matrix”, etc.

• Bill Collins at 2006-03-15

Stuff like that kills me all the time…“washington without the dc”, no “s”, “ed” ending words, no question mark on “what's in your pockets”, ect……name it, I got it wrong.

• KPT at 2006-03-16

the important is not to put the " I BELIEVE..this is the best movie of the history” this is the game of empathy

• Figilano at 2006-03-16

Ed, that's exactly what prevented me from entering “Raiders of the lost ark”, because most people call it “Indiana Jones”, but true movie lovers call it “Raiders of…” - too many chances to split the score. Otherwise, I'd taken it.

• Fez at 2006-03-16

“Titanic” in the top 10?!?! What? Are we nuts?

• Ed Collins at 2006-03-16

I think Titanic is something like the #1 grossing movie of all-time, or something like that, both in the United States, and worldwide. (Personally, I didn't think it was all that great of a movie… not sure what the appeal is.)

• Marius Halsor at 2006-03-16

I think Titanic was so-so. Nevertheless, I put it on the list, because it was a movie that got lots of publicity, and therefore was likely to be mentioned here by others, even if they didn't think it was a great movie either. It's not about telling your favourite movies, but thinking what others will associate with that expression.

• Ed Collins at 2006-03-16

Exactly. That's why I listed it too.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic