Cartoon Characters Game of Empathy

17 replies. Last post: 2006-03-09

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Cartoon Characters
  • Ed Collins at 2006-03-06

Interesting. Pikachu, which was THE #1 ANSWER the day before, and because of such probably SHOULD have been on everyone's mind, only received 9 total votes today!

I was suprised to see Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man receive as many votes as they did only because I don't consider them cartoon characters at all, but comic book characters. Oh sure, cartoons have been made of these characters, but they were literary characters first, long before they were ever cartoons. Same with Snoopy, who received a whopping 18 votes.

Throw all logic out the window when you play this game!

(My worst pick was Speed Racer… he received just one vote… mine.) :)

• ypercube at 2006-03-07

Oh, I just didn't know the English name (Speed Racer) and had no time to search. I wanted to play Speed Racer but knew only the greek name (Toot-Toot) !

• Iluvatar at 2006-03-07

Did noone, except me think of good old La Linea? :-)

• Pawel Grabowski at 2006-03-07

I had two bad answers: dexter (maybe its too new and not as good know cartoon) and duck daffy :/ (while daffy duck was very high)

• Iluvatar at 2006-03-07

And noone did answer Professor Balthazar…

On the other hand Donald Duck still rules :-D

• Figilano at 2006-03-07

Speed Racer? You mean that bird from the Bugs Bunny Show? In germany, it's called “Road Runner”.

Too bad Bugs Bunny wasn't on my mind after all, I lost a lot of points there.

• Figilano at 2006-03-07

Oh and btw, I consider Pikachu an anime character, not a cartoon character. I think there's a difference - no one would call Ghost in the Shell, Akira or Chihiro “cartoons”, would they? The term connects with short funny clips / three-to-six-panel stories, at least to me.

• CleverHunk steven cullum at 2006-03-07

Pikachu?

many people have never heard of it..many people aren't into cheesy japanese anime.I was going to put goofy & donald duck..figured many of the young are into cartoons..I know many who never heard of popeye.so I opted to “moderize”..put in fururama & bart simpson.

but goofy & donald duck would have been a better choice after all..oh well.

I was raised on asterix & barbapapa..I wonder who else knows them?

hey,aren't you forgetting someone:

http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Daffy.gif

• Iluvatar at 2006-03-07

Of course I know Asterix and Barbapapa.

Little or nothing could compare to all the shapes that the Barbafamily could transfer to :-D

And how many of you are Lucky Luke-fans? The cowboy that fires the gun faster than his own shadow is of course on my list :-)

my fav cartoons:

“i'm not bad,I'm just drawn that way”-jessica rabbit

http://members.aol.com/animallover7185/images/jessica%20rabbit.gif

? ? ? ? ? ?

http://www.oldhollywoodposters.com/images/BettyBoop_small1.jpg

? ? ? ? ? ?

http://images.heritagecoin.com/images/HNAI/75/817/817009081o.jpg

? ? ? ? ? ?

cant find a piccie:

stupifyin jones

blondie dagwood

tank girl

• suzanne at 2006-03-08

i didn' know that u spell mickey mouse like- mickeymouse

and donald duck like- donaldduck.

i thought the game of empathy is a 1 word phrase- not two words squished up and overall spelled wrong. even though they were given alot of points, y shouldnt my 'mickey' gotten the same amount of points?

• Marius Halsor at 2006-03-08

Well, it's about guessing what others will write. Having a referee diciding which phrases are “close enough” will take too much time and effort. I was deciding between Donald and Donald Duck (same with Mickey and Mickey Mouse), and went for Donald and Mickey. It seems like using both words would have gotten me much more points, so I guessed wrong.

As for “spelled wrong”, that's not necessarily true. When comparing words, all spaces are removed, and all letters are turned into non-caps. Thus, Donald Duck becomes donaldduck.

• BlackLab at 2006-03-09

Speed Racer was a good choice, but you have to be certain age to know who he is! I also don't know if he's known outside of the US? It was hard to tell whether people would go with classics or more modern characters.

• CleverHunk steven cullum at 2006-03-09

suzanne

I enterted for example:

mickey mouse

but it displayed as:

mickeymouse

I think it is just the way the form displays the text strings.

• Iluvatar at 2006-03-09

In other words, if you wrote Donald Duck, and it shows as donaldduck, as long as it's in a brown field, it's your expression.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic