iPhone app Go forum

8 replies. Last post: 2023-08-12

Reply to this topic Return to forum

iPhone app
  • Crelo at 2022-04-04

On my iPhone 12 the app cuts out the two rightmost lines on Go 19x19 boards, not very pleasant. This was not happening when I installed the app the first time. Either it was an update or I messed some settings. Does anybody else have this problem?

• Crelo at 2022-06-01

The last couple of days the iPhone app gives a Http status error 404 on the page with the list of games.

• klaashaas at 2022-06-21

I miss the app too :(

• dmircea at 2023-08-10

Some problem here. I'm surprised that these are the only three comments about this problem…

The only way to use it reasonably on the phone is to turn on “Desktop mode” in your browser. That will make the page very small but at least you can zoom in/out.
    However after every move you get the 404 error and redirection to the desktop page.

• Oakmoss at 2023-08-10

I have no comments on the app because I've never tried it, and that's because I still have yet to see -any- assurance that the huge problem it was having–in which random people were getting access to an arbitrary user's games–has definitely stopped happening.

For mobile, I just access the website directly on my phone's browser. Recently the mobile version got modified to be much like the desktop version, which has given the pages more usable proportions.

• dmircea at 2023-08-12

For me this is so annoying that I consider completely stopping playing here…
    OnlineGO has the same functionality and it works much better.

And since I'm not interested in the other games I see no reason struggling to turn the desktop mode on everytime I'm trying to play a move.

• Crelo at 2023-08-12

For me the app worked better lately, although sometimes has errors they are fixed in days. It is true that I use it mostly on an iPad, to see the whole board.

• klaashaas at 2023-08-12

I now use the Android app most of the time. It works great for Go

Return to forum

Reply to this topic