Bot Azusa 9.4d on 9x9 Go Go forum

7 replies. Last post: 32 hours ago

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Bot Azusa 9.4d on 9x9 Go
  • Ger Hanssen at 2021-07-06

Azusa 9.4d is clearly a bot playing in a tournament.

That fucks up the ratings and is not very interesting. Is there anything to be done? I stepped out of the tournament now. But that is not really what I want.

• Ban Dumb Motorways at 2021-07-06

Avoid ratings by resigning before playing a move if you don't want to play bots

• Sighris at 2021-07-18

…and spread the word on which LG players are 'bots so others can know to resign before playing a move! Thanks Ger Hanssen at 2021-07-06 and Turn and face the strange at 2021-07-06

- oh, and one other idea, instead of playing old-fashioned WeiQi play “Toroidal Go” here on Little Golem… I doubt there are any 'bots playing T-Go!!! … (yet / today).

• Oakmoss at 2021-07-18

Resigning all top championships and ladders to bots and consigning oneself to games bots haven't figured out yet feel like quite pyrrhic victories.

• Ban Dumb Motorways at 2021-07-19

Add a human (default)/bot flag to each player (changing flag will resign all current tournament games and sign ups)

Split tournaments into bot only and human only

Same with ratings

• Oakmoss at 2021-08-28

Weird how they seem to be doing it with Gomoku and Connect6 as well.

• Felipe Herman van Riemsdijk ★ at 32 hours ago

There has always been a large ammount of AI-aided players on Gomoku and Connect6, if I recall it also became somewhat popular in Eisten and Breaktrhough.
    Chess also has a lot of AI aid, it can be said it is even expected as nowdays there are effective rules on AI use on postal chess games.
    The culture of (chess) postal games has always been that you could do reasearch on what you are playing and databases and AI being good tools became widespread, it can be a great way to study.
    As long as it does not go against the ToS I believe there is nothing to be done, if I recall (I have had large periods of hiatus on the site) LG has never had much issue with AI help as it is so widespread in the site.
    Even if it can be somewhat frustrating sometimes I personally don't really mind it.
    A 2 or 3 level tag for AI players could be interesting indeed (Human, Bot, AI-aided) as well as human only players.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic