Championship #23 Breakthrough

11 replies. Last post: 2016-03-28

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Championship #23
  • wanderer_bot at 2015-11-13

And so it begins. Good playing everybody!

• ahhmet at 2015-11-24

good Luck to aLL the pLayers..

• edbonnet at 2016-02-24

@MojoRising, Don't you feel bad about flagging in some of your games but not all in the championship?

Ok, so now you'll win against me. Congrats! You might want to know that it's because I saw you were losing on time

in your games and I thought “why spend time against an opponent who's not playing anyway”.

So, I played the ridiculous move 30.d5-d4 after which there is no coming back.

Please, don't do that. As a chess player, you know that respecting the opponent is key.

So:

1) Don't lose on time in the championship (if you feel you will not have time to play, don't participate in the championship in the first place).

2) If you do lose on time in one game, be a gentleman and resign (or lose on time) in all your games for the sake of fairness.

Or do whatever you want, I don't care, it's my last championship anyway :)

• Loony at 2016-02-24

It's not your business.

• ypercube at 2016-02-25

Mojo lost 2 games on time. From the rest 5 that have finished, he won 2 and lost 3 without any time issues.

@edbonnet, I don't see why you considered the player as not playing or the game against him as not important just because he had lost 2 games on time. He was playing with you and it was a championship game.

You made a mistake, you may lose the game. The rest is poor excuses in my opinion.

• Loony at 2016-02-25

Moreover, playing a ridiculous move on purpose (as edbonnet did) is not really respecting your opponent in first place. Think about it. :)

• edbonnet at 2016-02-27

I did not play a ridiculous move on purpose. I just didn't think long and played something that,

compared to my normal moves, is ridiculous.

@ypercube

I don’t see why you considered the player as not playing or the game against him as not important just because he had lost 2 games on time. He was playing with you >and it was a championship game.

It was bad timing. He had lost two games on time and was not playing as his usual self (see the game against smilingface).

Our game has reached a position where you should think a little. But it's not really rewarding to think if your opponent

is forfeiting his games.

• luffy_bot at 2016-03-26

And finally edbonnet wins that game. You should have waited actual defeat before commenting :)

Could mojorising win if he did not play b2-a3 ? After that move Luffy immediately finds black forced win but before it is not clear…

• edbonnet at 2016-03-26

@luffy_bot Already at this point, it's unclear. I'm not sure if White is winning anymore.

But before that, there were many winning plans for White. For instance, at move 33, exchanging everything on d4, or at move 41, playing g2-h3-h4-h5-h6.

• Paul Wiselius at 2016-03-27

@edbonnet: you may be the best player in this game, but that still gives you no right to judge others like you do. I do not like your kind of commenting. It sounds like it is “your” game, and it should be played by your rules only. You can never know what is the reason of someone elses behaviour.

Sorry, but well meant.

• edbonnet at 2016-03-28

@Paul Wiselius: Fair enough. I totally agree.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic