Next championship (16), league 2 -> leauge 1 Dots and Boxes

10 replies. Last post: 2009-02-07

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Next championship (16), league 2 -> leauge 1
  • aldiris at 2008-11-25

In last championship (15), 5 players tied for first place in group 2 of league 2 (http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/tournament/tournament.jsp?trnid=dots.ch.15.2.2). Does anyone know who will go to league 1? All of them seams harsh for the players who are in league 1 now, but how can you tell if someone is better then others if they all finished first?

• ypercube at 2008-11-25

All 5 go to league 1.

League 1 may have more than 9 players, in the next championship.

• wccanard at 2008-11-25

League 1 also had a 3-way tie and it would arguably be harsh to relegate them. So at the very least we have 3 from old league 1, 1 from 2.1 and 5 from 2.2. It is hard to believe that that's all we'll have! Surely if you take 5 from 2.2 you have to take at least 2 from 2.1.

There is a thread about the subtleties of championship promotion/relegation. If you find the thread and post there you might alert some of the people who have thought about this a lot.

• ypercube at 2008-11-25

The first 5 of league 1, stay too, not just the 3.

The first 2 from league 2.1 promote

and

the first 5 from league 2.2 (as mentioned before)

Therefore, we'll have probably 12 in next league 1.

• Hjallti ★ at 2009-01-15

If the high rating rule is still in place and someone triggers it it might be even 13…

• wccanard at 2009-01-15

Are you thinking of anyone in particular? Seems to me that the top players on the rating list are all counted in the 12.

There's still 31 days to go before the next championship starts so perhaps there's time for some new wonderkid to appear though ;-)

• aldiris at 2009-01-16

What exactly is the high rating rule? Any threshold someone should meet to get into league 1 directly?

• wccanard at 2009-01-16

There could be something written about this in the FAQ, if it's not there already.

Read hanfried_c's wise words at

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/forum/topic2.jsp?forum=100&topic=694

and various other places scattered around the forums. If some version of the truth were put in the FAQ then over time it would become closer and closer to the truth, as more and more people tweaked it.

• wccanard at 2009-01-16

In fact what you're asking aldiris is already alluded to in the FAQ. Perhaps allusions are the best thing in the FAQ, and technical details could be posted in the forum. Who knows what the best way to do it is.

• Hjallti ★ at 2009-02-07

Note that I actually triggered that rule, which was quiet unexpected. I did not play the last championships but was playing before, I thought it was only possible on your first subscription. It might be so that you can only trigger it once, because that is the case… I never got this rule triggered before… Great I don't have to work my way up to 3rd (which I hope to reach) … I have to struggle to not drop to 3rd.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic