championship Dots and Boxes

8 replies. Last post: 2008-01-23

Reply to this topic Return to forum

championship
  • dj at 2008-01-19

what day did the last championship end

• Tasmanian Devil at 2008-01-19

Monday evening (I found it in “Finished tournaments” at the Dots page).

• dj at 2008-01-19

thanks

• TUMRAK at 2008-01-20

i came in fourth place will i go to a different league

• ypercube at 2008-01-22

We don't need to answer this question any more, do we?

• FatPhil at 2008-01-22

I think it could have been answered anyway. It seems 4 are never promoted, and the 4th is never demoted, so staying put was the expected answer.

• wccanard at 2008-01-22

I don't think one can make any hard and fast rules. If lots of people drop out (like quake!) or register then I should imagine that all sorts of things can happen.

• hanfried_c at 2008-01-23

Hi, I dont play Dots, but I analyzed the ups and downs in championship-leagues for other games.

In leagues with regulary 9 player per group:

- the 1st and 2nd goes up

- the 3rd, 4th and 5th stay

- the 6th and all below go down.

But there are a few special cases.

A) Promotion due to the rating

If your rating is better than the everage of the new league X you can jump into this league if you didn't played the last season _or_ you ranked 1st-5th in the last season. So, with a 4th place you _can_ jump up if your rating is good enough.

B) Filling up

If there are not enough players for a league (if to many quited or regulary in the second lowest league) than the leauge is filled up with players matching the second part of A. All players matching this restriction are sorted by their rating and those withe the highest rating promotes.

Also in this case you can for instance promote from a 4th place in league 5 to league 4.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic