Announcing: loco_ai, Streetsoccer playing program StreetSoccer

20 replies. Last post: 2004-01-29

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Announcing: loco_ai, Streetsoccer playing program
  • Ronald Lokers at 2004-01-24

I've written a program to play Streetsoccer using Littlegolem. You can play against it if you like. Just invite loco_ai to a match! It doesn't play very good (yet). Normally you'll get a reply within a few minutes.

Invitational matches are unrated so you never lose any rating points, so what's keeping you from trying? ;-)

loco_ai is very new and probably not totally bugfree. If it's not responding within a few minutes, I probably took it off-line to fix a bug ;-)

If you want more information about it, send me a message at ronald(dot)lokers(at)hccnet(dot)nl.

• I R I at 2004-01-24

Why don't you call your program “Ronaldo”? Your name is Ronald and Ronaldo is the soccer player (the best) so it's a very good name.

Of course it's a nice name! But my nickname is 'el loco', and I added 'ai' (for Artificial Intelligence) to show it's a computer program…. ;-)

• I R I at 2004-01-24

I can't find your program in the waiting room.

Is it already engaged in a match?

• loco-ai at 2004-01-24

Yes, it's running. I added it to the waiting room now. But you can always invite it for a game using 'New games' in the menu too ;-)

I was wondering: would anybody object if I put the program in a tournament?

• anwi at 2004-01-24

gwg_robot played in tournaments but stopped. I don't know if it was after any discussion?

• Krzysztof (Chris) at 2004-01-24

I know that in AMAZONS ther is MOLPADIA AMAZON program which play in first or second league. If you will inform everybody that it is a program.. I think it is ok. So I think you can put it to league and to tournaments. But please, not to every tournament:))) I think, that if you and our program will not play in this some tournament ( expect league, where you can't decide if you are in the same group) and if willplay by program similary number of matches that you yourself.. It should be ok for everybody

• anwi at 2004-01-25

I played a match against ai. I won, however it was close game. Main advantage of ai is its promt response, thus fast training is possible. Program is not week, it plays pretty good both in defence and in attack. I guess I couldn't distinguish it from real player.

• Ronald Lokers at 2004-01-25

I of course played several times against it, to test it. I usually won, but I never 'creamed' it. It's almost always a close game. Over time, I'll try to improve it when I find time and inspiration.

• gwg_robot at 2004-01-25

> gwg_robot played in tournaments but stopped. I don't know

> if it was after any discussion?

Not discussion. But one time, gwg_robot entered a rating tournament, and a day later, two people of similar rating to the robot who had been entered for that tournament had withdrawn. So, I deduce that some people would rather not play against the robot.

I do not want to force people to play against the robot if they prefer not to play it. It has entered two or three rating tournaments since then; but now that it it seems to have a stable rating, it has stopped entering tournaments.

• klaashaas at 2004-01-26

Wonderfull addition to streetsoccer! I'm playing a game against it now and it seems to be a very good (and fast!)practise partner. I don't like its style, though. It's playing even more defensive than agoui! :-)

• agoui (limited edition) at 2004-01-26

I don't recall giving you permission to speak about street soccer! Go back to your cage immediately!

I don't think it is playing defensively (at least in our game). It had four 5s and four 6s and won. May be a human player could have won the a bigger score.

• Ronald Lokers at 2004-01-28

I took loco_ai temporarily offline. There was a bug that I need to sort out first. Besides, on the main forum the ai's are accused of causing the slowness of LG. I'm probably keeping it offline for a few days to prove it's not causing the slowness. That will also give me the time to work a little on the AI itself ;-)

• Krzysztof (Chris) at 2004-01-28

Ronald, Your program demand page from GOLEM once for 90 sec.; but there are MORE AI programs which may be make it all the time. So Your program is not reason for slow-down server..If you REALLY are afraid that it can be reason ( i mean your porgram) just change time from 90 sec. for, let say 90 min… Or 900 sec:) Or just ask webmaster how often you can refresh page for your program:)

• Ronald Lokers at 2004-01-28

After less than a day, loco-ai is back online (version 1.02). The bug is fixed, the gameplay is slightly changed (hopefully improved), especially the setup as red had a major change.

In my opinion, LG was just as slow as when the program was playing so it can't be the reason ;-) I don't want to change the refreshment rate because one of the things I really like about it is that it responds so quickly. If LG is fast enough, you can play a complete game in about 1 hour…

• ypercube at 2004-01-28

I agree. Don't change a thing. LG is slow sometimes and it's definitely not your program. A hit every 90sec and possibly 10 or 20 every hour to play the games are not that many. I think that sometimes there could be 100 to 500 players that are simultaneously online. That would be much more problem for the server. And LG was slow sometimes even before your AI started playing.

Another thing that may cause problems are the hits that come from Search Engines like Google. LG can create thousands of pages that are connected via links, and if a search engine tries to retract all of them could be real problem.

• loco-ai at 2004-01-29

I entered loco-ai into his first RT tournament. If there are any objections, please let me know. If there will be no protests, loco-ai will enter more tournaments.

• FC Cwali at 2004-01-29

I think the rating tournaments are good to start with. I don't know if I like a computer in the monthly cup and championship. As long as I can win it's okay. ;-)

• Ronald Lokers at 2004-01-29

corne, you're not SCARED, are you? ;-)

Return to forum

Reply to this topic