14 replies. Last post: 2004-02-02

Reply to this topic Return to forum

ERROR 2 balls on the field!!!
  • Ronald Lokers at 2004-01-24

Am I crazy or are at this game:

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=125008

two balls on the field????

• Krzysztof (Chris) at 2004-01-24

:)))0 May be it is new variant of soccer. It will be more dynamic:)))

• FCGerard'91 at 2004-01-24

Maybe two soccerfields are next to each other and the second ball belongs to the other field.

Does anybody miss a ball in his/here game???????????????????

I found what caused it… loco_ai is a computerprogram that plays Streetsoccer. It calculated a move where a fieldplayer kicks the ball away from the goal. But the player doesn't stay in the goal: he is moved towards the middle of the field. So loco_ai sent a move to LG with the coordinates of WHERE THE PLAYER FINISHED instead of the coordinates of the ball…

I think LG should have given an error when the program sent in the move, but it didn't…

Funny!!! Both balls stay on the field in the rest of the match, and you can play them both normally! ;-)

• ypercube at 2004-01-25

Yes, I found the way to do it! See game 12551. I'll try to make more than 2 balls…

• ypercube at 2004-01-25

It's 3 balls now (at my second move) and rising. I also managed to make a goal and a spare ball at the same move!

• ypercube at 2004-01-25

I have also found out that this bug allows one to cheat. As you can in the previous link/game I cheated in all goals but the first.

I think Richard should fix this bug before the new championship starts. It would be very tempting to use this.

• Ricardo (Santos) at 2004-01-26

WAW!!! This seems to be a serious bug!

I agree with Ypercube that this should be fixed before the next Championship starts!

• loco-ai at 2004-01-26

Ypercube, you made my program crash ;-(

I'm resigning the game so the other games with loco-ai can continu.

• ypercube at 2004-01-26

Sorry, Roland. I just wanted to test for the bug and an unrated game with your program suited me fine. It seems your program has a bug, too - at least with 5 balls on the field. I guess real soccer players would have problems with 5 balls too. I will play against it again but with legal moves this time.

• Ronald Lokers at 2004-01-26

No problem with the test. That's what unrated games are for, I guess ;-)

• Scot at 2004-02-02

So… was the bug fixed? If it is not fixed then we will likely have balls multiplying like rabbits in championship games!

Return to forum

Reply to this topic