Corne's rating is 1804!!!!!! StreetSoccer

13 replies. Last post: 2004-01-23

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Corne's rating is 1804!!!!!!
  • Ronald Lokers at 2003-12-03

Are you impressed or what? Corne is the first to break the 1800 points barrier… B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T!!!

He proves (once again) he's not just a great games designer, he's a superb games player as well!!!

• FC Cwali at 2003-12-05

1821 now.

Who will be the first to pass 1900??

Or will it stay under 1900?

I expected some time ago that the highest ratings will fluctuate around 1750. But the the rating to be in the top-10 still rises. 1675 now, maybe you must be higher than 1700 for a top-10 position next month.

My team was in top-shape for a long time, but they are in trouble in a few matches now. And the higher your rating, the faster you can drop down. :-)

• Petura at 2003-12-05

Congratulations!!

I think that if the number of players was a constant then the highest rating would fluctuate.

But since more and more people are playing streetsoccer, the highest ratings are rising (the same you can see in all other games here).

I expect that in 6 months the best players in streetsoccer will have at least rating 2000.

• klaashaas at 2003-12-05

I think in six months, we're not even at the 1900.

In 100% skill games, it's almost impossible to lose from a player which is rated 400 points lower. That's where the whole ELO-system is based on. In streetsoccer however, it's very well possible to lose from a much lower rated player (because of a lucky die).

This brings another question… Is the ELO rating system suitable for games like streetsoccer? Wouldn't a fibs-like system be better?

• Ronald Lokers at 2003-12-05

Can you explain “fibs-like” in a few words?

• klaashaas at 2003-12-05

http://www.northcoast.com/~mccool/fibsrate.html

• tonywu at 2003-12-05

It is 1840 now!!!!!

• Dvd Avins at 2003-12-06

I just took a quick look, but it doesn't look like FIBS does anything specail because of the lick. And that's fine. It doesn't need to.

The luck means that there has to be a greater skill-level-difference for one player to be favored by a certain amount, but there's still some difference in skill that correpsonds with any given probability of winning a game. That's what traditional rating systems are based on.

What FIBS does take into account, is differing length of matches. The better player has a better chance of winning a 15-point match than a 3-point match. So they developed a way of accomodating that.

• FC Cwali at 2003-12-07

And now 1855. :-)

And I still improve my skills …

With such a distance (and all my progressing games are equal or better at the moment) I may end this year on the highest position, but I'm certain that more players will take the lead for some time next year.

In the first league only one match is still in progress, in extra time. When that is finished I make all stats for that league. It's already clear that 48 of the 171 matches had extra time. The most common endscores (eventually with extra time) were 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 and 1-0.

More later.

The first round of september monthly cup is almost finished. 4 tournaments are still in progress. 57 different coaches reach the second round.

• Ronald Lokers at 2003-12-07

I don't think the rating calculations should be any different. Corne is proving constantly that you can win this game on skill. Sure, every now and then you will lose a game because of bad luck, but I think the deciding factor of who wins the game is 80% (if not more) skill, 20% luck.

• Remco at 2003-12-08

If Corne's team is winning again and agian he will have a score of 2004 on the 1st of januari ;)

• Ronald Lokers at 2003-12-12

MY rating is 1802 now, which makes me the second to break the 1800 barrier!!! Hurray for me!! ;-)

• FC Cwali at 2004-01-23

And Gerard (also known as FC Gerard '91 on the StreetSoccer cover and rulebook) is the third to pass 1800.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic