Simple Question? StreetSoccer

5 replies. Last post: 2003-12-11

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Simple Question?
  • Nagy Fathy at 2003-11-02

I guess 10 Days start time + 20 days vacation = 30 days, then any player did not play in the first champ. has to lose by time after 33 days of champ. starting, How come I still have two games doesn't finish till now, while my opp. did not play any moves in these games??

• Ken at 2003-11-03

a related question: if a tournament starts and your opponent never makes a move, why must we wait for this person's vacation days to elapse before allowing the game to time out? if they have not even logged on at all after the tournament started, could we allow this person's game to time out after the first 240 hours and not wait for over a month to pass?

• Dvd Avins at 2003-11-03

If I was truly away on vacation when a Championship or a later round of a Monthly Cup started, I sure wouldn't like it if I came back to find I had forfeited my games.

Like you, I'm sometimes frustrated by the slow pace of some games. And I wish the time controls were a little more demanding. But whatever the rules are, they should be simple and consistant. I don't think it would be a good idea to say you get vacation time – except if it's the beginning of the game.

• Hjallti ★ at 2003-12-11

It is even a bad idea this kind of rule.

What if I go to a 3 week vacation, and make sure all my games ongoing are on 240 time control… and I'm a regular player… a new championship triggers by accident on the first day of my vacation: I did all to make sure I have no problem whatsoever (triggering 12 vacations day is calculated in this case), and with that proposal it would be a loss in tourney.

I proposed once that the vacation days you get should be at most the number of times you logged in… it would make your system work for people who logged in once, register for a tourney and never showed up, but it would be save for other players.

• Ronald Lokers at 2003-12-11

It could be a lot easier if you have to activate your vacation pool yourself. So normally when your time pool is empty, you lose. If you go on vacation, you activate it on your settings page, and only then your vaction days will be activated when your time pool runs out. That way I wouldn't even mind if you get more vacation days then you have now.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic