Two comments StreetSoccer

4 replies. Last post: 2003-08-14

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Two comments
  • Nick Wedd at 2003-08-12

I don’t really understand the rules of Street Soccer, so whjat I say here may be mistaken. But I have two suggestions, each of which, if correct, might reduce the bandwidth needed for Street Soccer.

When I kick the ball, it calculates all the places I can kick it to, and I choose one. Why can’t it do the same when I move a player? I would like to select a player, and be shown all the places I can move him to.

Every square of empty light green grass, and every square of empty dark green grass, seems to be different. It can be quite painful to watch them appearing, one every few seconds, over my supposedly high-speed connection. Couldn’t there be just two images for empty grass, so that the field downloads faster?

• dj at 2003-08-13

your comment about player movement makes so much sense it is amazing it is not implemented yet!

• Thomas ★ at 2003-08-14

I have found a way to enter a move more quickly:
    after clicking the player to move, the adress line of the browser shows:

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=69494&move=Mdc
    (in this example the square of the player is dc)

Then you may enter the squares on the way of the player manually, appending them to the adress.
    Then the end of the adress line might be:

...&move=Mdcecedeeef
    (the player moves from dc to ef)

After you submit this, the squares are displayed where you may kick the ball to (if the ball is on ef), or you may already submit the mofe (ball not on ef).

The coordinates are given in lower case letters starting with a, where i and j are both used.
    The squares outside the line around the field are included.
    From the view of the yellow coach, the first coordinate goes from left to right, and the second from bottom to top.

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2003-08-14

I had a reason – because I did not implement it. For example you have position where player is on field B6 and ball on field B7 and you want to have position where player will be on B7 and ball is on B6 (player is beside ball and you want exchange position of your player and ball). On your dice is 5.

Now you can create movement B6-x-x-x-x-B7 and kick ball on B6.

But in new version of software I create movement B6-B7 and you must kick 5 points.

But I founf solution of this problem, and I will implemented it soon.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic

Include game board: [game;id:123456] or [game;id:123456;move:20] or [game;id:123456;move:20;title:some text]