StreetSoccer rules StreetSoccer

13 replies. Last post: 2003-08-20

Reply to this topic Return to forum

StreetSoccer rules
  • FC Cwali at 2003-08-08

I will try to clearify the StreetSoccer rules here.

(Will think about another way to place it later.)

Some rules in this online-version are different to the boardgame. I will write differences to the boardgame in “(((…..)))” to clarify things for players who knew the boardgame first. (I just started in a tournament self, didn't know that Richard already added StreetSoccer, so I'm not precise sure yet which things are different.)

Start of StreetSoccer:

--- The first coach (I name the players “coach” to distinguish with your player-figures on the field) has the kick-off and sees his first throw (die above the board). You see 2 of your figures already placed, the other 3 you choose positions for. At least one figure on opponent's and at least one on your own side (I didn't check if that rule is implemented).

Then the other coach chooses 3 positions for figures and sees the first throw of the opponent too.

Then the first coach playes his first move. The ball starts at his figure in the middle, and the picture shows where you can place the ball. (The die determines where you can place the ball.)

The rule for moving the ball is: “number-of-pips-on-the-die MINUS number-of-steps-by-your-figure PLUS 1”.

At the kick-of you don't move, so if you throw 1, then you can move the ball 2 spaces.

(((The kick-off is different in the boardgame. There both coaches throw the die and the highest starts with the ball at his figure in the middle and kicks the ball by the difference in the 2 throws.)))

The rules in every turn are:

--- Throw the die. You see your throw above the board.

--- Choose ONE of your 5 figures to move.

--- The die determines the number of steps you can move.

--- Every step goes orthogonal. You can change direction after every step. (The computer shows your possible directions to move to.)

--- If you reach the space with the ball, then your figure stops there and you kick the ball.

--- The ball you move by the unused number of pips on the die PLUS 1.

--- The ball you can move in any direction, and can change direction once from diagonal to straight or from straight to diagonal.

--- You cannot shoot through a space with an opponent.

--- You can reach a space with your own figure. Then you add one step for the ball movement, and you can choose any direction again, and the pass by this other player can have one direction change again.

The computer calculates for you where the ball can end in your move, by these rules.

(See for an example-picture of a move: www.cwali.com/streetsoccer .)

Goals!!!:

--- You score a goal if the ball passes the endline and the last space before it passes the endline is one of the 2 spaces in front of the goal. In the picture with possible places to shoot the ball too it can look like the ball goes aside the goal, but then it bounces inside the goal-post …

After a scored goal:

You place your keeper in one of the 2 spaces in front of your goal, and bring the ball in the field again starting at your keeper. (I didn't see yet if the scoring coach can place his keeper back in his goal too, what is the rule in the boardgame.)

(((In the boardgame the keeper shoots/throws the ball after a goal in the field again by the number of pips on your die, and you throw again if you throw 1. In this online-version it's number-of-pips-on-the-die PLUS 1. (Probably because that is conform with the basic rule pips-minus-movements-plus-1, simular to the kick-off differense. )))

Maybe a few things can change later to make it more equal to the boardgame. But I very much like to play it on this side. I made the game.

Groeten,

Corné

Cwali

• Luka's~ at 2003-08-08

thanks corne, this answered lot of my questions about this game.

this is really funny and intersting game ;)

• Robin at 2003-08-08

In the picture with possible places to shoot the ball too it can look like the ball goes aside the goal, but then it bounces inside the goal-post …

WOW! If i knew that i would have scored a lot more goals! I thought that the ball goes wide when i shoot at the post… So there are actually four squares to score a goal?

• Andy Olsen at 2003-08-08

I agree! Wow! I didn't think to try shooting diagonally, with the ball ending up just outside the goal. I like this rule, otherwise it seems too hard to score. Hmmm, I should have read this post before I moved in my games today! :-)

• Ricardo (Santos) at 2003-08-08

It is really a very very nice game!!! Thanks for the rules!

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2003-08-10

New version of StreetSoccer page - I add some new links and add rules.

• FC Cwali at 2003-08-10

Hoi Richard,

Thanks for adjusting the rules.

One rule must be in the rules too:

“Only one of your outfielders may stand inside your own penalty area.” (So in the 2 spaces in front of the 2 spaces for your goalie.)

Without using that rule the game makes not much sense, after scoring one goal and placing 2 defenders inside you penalty area. I hope you can implement that rule in the software too.

Further I think this version is much fun!!!

(I had doubts if this game is good for on computer, but I'm completely convinced now.)

Corné

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2003-08-10

It is already implemented.

• Tore S at 2003-08-10

Fabulous speed on imporvements!! Thx Richard.

Another small inconvinience: It is not allowed to put a player on the 2 fields in front of the goal. The way the game is implemented it is not possible to make a player pass those fields.

In my opinion this should be possible, and I know Corne agrees on this. This is 'a computer implementation problem' that never arose in the board game.

• FC Cwali at 2003-08-11

I could still place 2 players in my penalty area at the start of a new match. :-(

Which isn't allowed:

“Only one of your outfielders may stand inside your own penalty area.” (So in the 2 spaces in front of the 2 spaces for your goalie.) (At the start and in the whole game.)

One other rule from the rulebook is not implemented (but not so important), which only counts at the start:

“You may not start in the centre spaces (the 4 spaces in the middle) on your opponent's side.” One figure is already placed right on your own side in the middle, but in fact your other figures you may not place in the circle on your opponent's side too. That's not so important, but, with placing all 3 figures by one player and then by the other player, it can give strange start-situation. As some seem to discover. :-)

• LZJ at 2003-08-19

And how many opponents's oufielders is allowed in my penalty area?

I thought it's prohibited (like in big soccer), but in one game i've got opponent there. Is it correct?

• FC Cwali at 2003-08-19

No further limitations, so you can have 2 outfielders in the penalty area of your opponent. So only not in your own penalty area.

(In the boardgame placing your figures at the start is different (more turns) so you can always make that you have one outfielder in your own penalty area. But 2 outfielders in the penalty area of your opponent is not strong, in my opponion, especially not at the kick-off.

• alkosan at 2003-08-20

from what i understood above at startup it is not allowed to place men in the OPPONENTS half of the circle.

but now i also can not place men in MY half of the circle

Return to forum

Reply to this topic