Gauging Interest in New Game General forum

13 replies. Last post: 2004-12-28

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Gauging Interest in New Game
  • Ian Davis at 2004-12-20

Is there support for a monthly Mornington Crescent Tournament. The ruleset could be changed every month so as to ensure even handed variety.

• Nick Wedd at 2004-12-20

Most games here last longer than one month - would your proposed monthly rule-changes affect on-going games?

• Ian Davis at 2004-12-20

That would probably depend on the ruleset chosen. For example, the Old Modern Rules are invariant under Tuesdays.

• Krzysztof (Chris) at 2004-12-21

??? What this topic is about??

• anwi at 2004-12-21

Mornington Crescent is a strategy game played on the London Underground map, the aim being to move to Mornington Crescent.

Mornington Crescent Page

• Krzysztof (Chris) at 2004-12-21

I have found it… but… the first rule of this game is NOT TO ASK about rules…. But …How to learn play this game without rules? Can anybody tall me smth about it? About this game

• oyamaneko at 2004-12-21

Could anyone here pllease explain to the Uncivilized and Unknowing like me what this game is all about? Is it just a joke?

• .. at 2004-12-21

It is something more than a joke. Too many pages WWW is about it… If it is joke - it is rather a lvery big and comlikated. Even somebody made wikipedia about it. Of course in such way, that if somebody does not know about game- he will know nothing. I found two java places to play this. In one if I go to aim station in 2 or 3 move - i win, if not - computer win in 4 move… so it IS a joke… In second place rulesare more comlicated. May be it IS really game or rather a big family of games….

• Alan Turing at 2004-12-23

For those curious about how to play this game, I suggest you read the Wikipedia entry. I, for one, wouldn't mind having this game on the server — I especially like the optional ruleset for people with uncommon middle names.

• Greck at 2004-12-27

This wikipedia article is totally wrong. There IS a rulebook, and all those rules are REAL.

• Abigail at 2004-12-27

The Wikipedia entry is there to fool the masses. If there is too much interest in the rule books, some commercial suit will print more rule books, flooding the market. Getting a hand on the rule books should be HARD.

I like the “Lost American Tourist” variants - it gives many cut-troat games, specially when playing a Circle line gambit.

• justaminute52000 at 2004-12-28

I am all in favour of a Mornington Crescent Tournament. I attended the World Championships in Hastings last year and saw some fantastic play from the world champion, Barry Cryer.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic