new feature General forum

5 replies. Last post: 2004-12-13

Reply to this topic Return to forum

new feature
  • (Ñ)(e)(s)(o) at 2004-12-13

As the ratings in lg change whenever a game is finished, I think it would be interesting to see the higest score ever in each game in lg !

that is the “LittleGolem record”

• Marius Halsor at 2004-12-13

I really don't see the point of this. As has been demonstrated many times, for example in Passengers “rating experiment” in street soccer, it is very easy to temporarily boost your rating in any game. What you do is to start a large number of games. Then, when you see the outcome, you start playing very slowly in the games you are losing, while playing fast in the games you are winning. That way, most of your winning games will end before your losing games, giving your rating a great boost. Of course, when you start losing, you'll have to pay the price, as your rating will drop to way below what it was before you started the “boost process”.

• Tasmanian Devil at 2004-12-13

For the best final rating, it is better to finish the lost games quickly. But then there is a risk that you resign games that you could have won due to opponent error moves, or time-out.

• ypercube at 2004-12-13

For the best final rating yes. But for the best intermediate rating, passenger proved otherwise.

• Hjallti ★ at 2004-12-13

Rating are supposed to give an indication on how strong you are. The last rating should be the best indication.

In reversi some players had a much higher rating before the ditch invation, when top players from holland, and from entire europe got to now this site. My highest rating in reversi I earned WAS at that time a good indication, but has lost any informational value.

Letting that high score visual is indeed asking for people to boost the rating, and the entire use of the ratings is gone…

Return to forum

Reply to this topic