ratings General forum

11 replies. Last post: 2023-06-27

Reply to this topic Return to forum

ratings
  • JJX1 at 2023-06-02

what happened to our ratings? some ratings have fallen to 1500 other ratings are the same as before.

• Ger Hanssen at 2023-06-02

No answer still? I have the same problem. Since a few days all of my rankings have been set to 1500 while other kept their rating. Whjat is happening?

• Oakmoss at 2023-06-02

My ratings in some of my best games dropped below 1500, so now I have the element of surprise on my side! No one who plays against me will know what they're getting into!

Richard did something with recalculating ratings again (I saw him mention this somewhere in the forums) and it looks like whatever formula he used or way he implemented it had some unforeseen consequences.

• Ok22 at 2023-06-02

Richard wrote that in the StreetSoccer forum.

• Florian Jamain at 2023-06-02

The ratings were just perfect before this, now it does not make any sense.

• Eykca at 2023-06-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgVSYRnhijA

• Ray Garrison at 2023-06-02

Street Soccer ratings were incorrect with new rating system, so he corrected that issue (see soccer forum), probably he made a mistake when he did this and reset many other game ratings. But I see that issue has been corrected, so I think all is well now?

• Florian Jamain at 2023-06-03

Yes it's back.

• Jonny at 2023-06-27

Interesting:

Rating:
    Jonny 1714.6 +8.0 (#16)

zhi zhe Huang 1521.3 -10.2 (#101)

Is that normal now? different rating points? From where comes the points? Or in that case: where the 2.2 lost points going?

• Oakmoss at 2023-06-27

I found the game, An EWN 5 point match. I think what's going on is Richard worked in an ELO K factor; essentially, a representation of uncertainty in a rating, related to not playing as many matches of a type of game. It's often larger for players new to a rating system. You have 118 finished games of 5-point EWN versus zhi zhe huang's 26, so their K factor is going to be larger, meaning their score is going to move more after each result to more quickly settle at their actual skill.

• Christian0 at 2023-06-27

Jonny your rating changes more if you have played less games. That way you reach a more accurate rating faster.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic