all player profiles gone ... General forum

36 replies. Last post: 2020-10-04

Reply to this topic Return to forum

all player profiles gone ...
  • richyfourtytwo ★ at 2020-09-23

... and all ratings shown as 1500.

• pensando at 2020-09-23

One more sign of the end of the world...

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2020-09-23

World is again saved – ratings are there (for every variant)...

• metzgerism at 2020-09-23

Can you change it back? I’d like to be 1st place in something for just a day or two.

• MisterCat ★ at 2020-09-23

Reversi 10x10 stats and game records MISSING.

mc

• Cricetomys at 2020-09-23

There was chaos here and I MISSED IT?! ;_;

• xed_over at 2020-09-23

still a problem with the ratings?

was there a reset? my rating is much lower then it used to be.

and the rating history/chart is gone.

• richyfourtytwo ★ at 2020-09-24

The go19 ratings look strange.

Also I found that the game https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2163863 is recorded as lost for me in the games list, while in fact I was able to win against SYSTEM. :-)

• Andrey ★ at 2020-09-24

Im my case Ratings are lower from 30 to 300 elo depending on game. Though i don’t care much about it, but what i miss is rating chart....

• Diamante at 2020-09-24

Where are my games of reversi 10x10??

I do not like :(

• ypercube ★ at 2020-09-24

@Diamante looks like the Reversi 8x8 and 10x10 were united as a single game.

The games are there, in the Rev list.

In the tournaments list though, I can only see 8x8 tournaments.

Sorry, the other way around.

The tournament list has all, 8x8 and 10x10 tournaments.

The game list seems to have only 8x8 games

• ypaul21 at 2020-09-24

I was hoping that ratings will get split up for every variant... and this change might have just taken me one step further from that dream ):

• kspttw at 2020-09-24

I had earlier 2120-2130 in hex, now almost 100 less :-(

@ypaul21 fear not!

I see that when I check games from different sizes, I see different ratings!

Example: Havannah size 9, my rating: 1918

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2185781

Havannah size 10, my rating: 1717

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2175044

Havannah size 4, my rating: 1740

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2003500

And that explains why my breakthrough (no size variants) rating stayed almost the same (2094, 2096)

while the Havannah (many sizes) dropped 300 (I had 2022 a few days ago)

Same thing appears in Go.

I see different ratings for Go 19x19, Go 37x37, Go Random, Go Hahn, Go Torus (11x11).

... also for Einstein (1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 50, ...) points games, blackhole and backwards variants !

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2020-09-24

In future I plan create more ratings: for all games, for a game, for every variant. And implement Glicko https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glicko_rating_system with rating deviation.

@Richard are the rating charts lost for ever or will you able to restore them?

(be able...)

• kspttw at 2020-09-24

Richard, I still have much less rating in hex, go or Dots and Boxes. And probably in more games...

• ypaul21 at 2020-09-24

Oh wow. I actually can’t believe this! Thank you so much, Richard!! :D

• Cricetomys at 2020-09-24

Is everything going to be recalculated and the charts regenerated from the birth of the universe, then? I love new beginnings!

Thanks for the effort to shore all this up, by the way. It would be a great way to set up for a smooth implementation of Janggi as a variant of Xiangqi but with its own rating! Not that I’m being ungrateful! You’re doing great!

• David J Bush ★ at 2020-09-24

Glicko is great, significantly more accurate than Elo IMO. But I guess that means ratings will not necessarily change at the end of a game, but instead weekly or daily updates? I am grateful for your hard work.

• richyfourtytwo ★ at 2020-09-24

OGS uses glicko. Works fine, but it can happen that you lose rating points after winning a game, because your latest batch of game is re-evaluated using current ratings of all opponents, and your opponents may have been downranked since the last evaluation. That is to tally fine (if you ask me), but very hard to explain so people constantly complain about it and many keep complaining even after it has been explained to them. So there is a risk ... :-) 

• Florian Jamain at 2020-09-25

There are games where I lost many points and there are games where nothing changed :P

Richy, you think what you explained is... fine?

It’s totally stupid :D :D :D 

"your latest batch of game is re-evaluated using current ratings of all opponents, and your opponents may have been downranked since the last evaluation"

Mahahaha most retarded way to do the job, it does not make any sense.

• Paul Wiselius at 2020-09-25

I lost 51 points of my EWN rating... Strange things have happened. 

I can win against many beginners and I hope they gonna get a looooot of points in the future so that my ranking will increase since it will consider that I won against experts and not beginners right richy ? :D

• _syLph_ at 2020-09-25

Florian that’s not what he explained at all, you missed the important “latest batch”-part. You won’t gain points because the noob you beat 2 years ago is now the top player, but you will gain points if the noob that beat you yesterday has increased his rating by 500 over night and turned out not to be a noob at all.

Ah okay, I don’t get what means “latest batch”.

It’s like “a few days” or something?

• richyfourtytwo ★ at 2020-09-25

Actually I am not sure if that last batch re-computation is standard in glicko or just an implementation detail on OGS. I think there it is something like last 15 games. But I’m not 100% sure about that either.

• urmaul at 2020-10-02

I believe OGS doesn’t use batches as intended, which is to evaluate all games of a real-time tournament as if the games happened at the same time, for example. For each player, the batches shouldn’t overlap, I think. But as it seems to me, every time you finish a game on OGS, the last 15 results are re-evaluated, with equal weights, I guess – this means that you need to play 14 more games until your game result is fully processed, making the system slow and hard to predict. I think the system was changed to use the old ratings instead of the updated ratings in the re-computations, but that’s actually not an improvement. (Maybe this change was reverted, I don’t know). As far as I know lichess uses glicko with “batches” of 1 game each and works very well. I’m probably completely wrong about everything though.

• TearsOverTiers at 2020-10-04

These ratings are not useful ,  they should be split into playing first or second which translates into colours, if these are both displayed on a graph you may be able attack your weaker part of the game, an average of both would be a fairer overall rating maybe. This may prevent ratings been distorted by playing the favoured one, one major hiccup is the pie rule

• urmaul at 2020-10-04

I like it the way it is, maybe because I play the wrong (the right) game(s). Is there currently a way to play only one colour in rated games without a substantial rating penalty?

Return to forum

Reply to this topic

Include game board: [game;id:123456] or [game;id:123456;move:20] or [game;id:123456;move:20;title:some text]