I've been Nazi trolled by Gasparim General forum

8 replies. Last post: 2019-04-11

Reply to this topic Return to forum

I've been Nazi trolled by Gasparim
  • David Ploog at 2019-04-06

I realise that this site currently has bigger problems than my one, but I guess I should bring it up anyway.  In a game of LOA which I have lost (link at the bottom). I'm excusing myself to my opponent for playing on, by saying: “This is a lost game for black but please let me play on for a bit… I’ve got so much to learn.” This is the reply I get:

“??? …Sieg Heil; Heil david”

Needless to say, I resigned immediately. Now I don't have any problems resigning to Nazi scum like Gasparim whenever I am matched against him right on turn 0/1. But my question is this: is there any kind of etiquette about stuff like this on LittleGolem?

[Disclaimer: I am an East German, and I have had actual trouble with nazis in my life; by this I mean violence.]

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2080746&nmove=31

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2080746&nmove=32

• _syLph_ at 2019-04-07

Littlegolem isnt being moderated, I think we are very lucky having a friendly community that doesnt really need that kinda help for the most part. The guy isn't making himself popular by saying such things, thats the consequence these kind of actions have everywhere.

That being said, I have always found it ridiculous to get seriously offended on the internet. Being anonymous brings out the worst sides of people, with trolls being everywhere you would assume people get used to this kind of behaviour. He won't care if you resign to him in the future, if you wanna avoid him and don't mind resigning even a tiny bit then thats fine, but more likely than not it will be annoying to you more than to him. If you can't help feeling offended while playing them then I guess it's still an option you can take, what I would generally lean towards to though, is just not getting offended, ignoring them or talking back in some way like sarcastically saying “wow, you are a nice person” or whatever and just playing the games while not caring that your opponent is a jerk.

• Ban Dumb Motorways at 2019-04-07

Some sites (pocket-monkey, itsyourturn, playok) have a buddy and to balance it out an ignore list

• Carroll at 2019-04-07

There is a black list so you will not to be annoyed by any of his messages.

You can also resign on first move and not lose any rating points.

For the most it is an above mean friendly community, very boring for trolls.

• David Ploog at 2019-04-07

Thanks for the feedback! Let's hope that this was an extremely rare outlier.

• Christian K at 2019-04-08

Hi David

I am really sorry you had a bad experience playing on this site. Playing for many years I have been fortunate enough to never encounter this kind of behavior (unlike in most other online games where it happens within the first 10 minutes).

There is no authority to report him to, so resigning your games against him or blacklisting him are probably your best options.

Again, sorry about the bad experience,

Christian

• DrJochum at 2019-04-10

Did you talk to Gasparim?

Maybe it was intended as a joke!

If so, I don't get it and it was a bad one anyway.

If it was evil intention or just careless, you will only find out, if you talk to that person directely…

Jochen (German).

• KPT at 2019-04-11

i'm totally with DrJochum, I don't get the joke either. Sometimes language barriers plays this role of confusion and misunderstandings.

And @Christian K , You are wrong. THERE IS AN AUTHORITY HERE. It is Richard M, The owner and ruler of this awesome website.

Peace to everyone.Lets not tolerate  by any circumstance these kind of behaviours.

Kpato.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic