Championship #5 Gomoku, Connect6

11 replies. Last post: 2008-11-22

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Championship #5
  • ondik at 2008-07-02

Here we go again. It's interesting to see how are players from Taiwan dominating, 9 out of 13 players in championship have taiwanese flag above to their names! Whereas c6 comunity in Taiwan is growing and evolving, Europe seems to be losing interest. What's a pity, because c6 has nice potential, but i can't see a way to change it without a proper online gaming c6 site or some big international tournament.

And my tips - well i don't follow the c6 scene here anymore, so it will be rather shots in the dark

1. EternaL

2. Remember

3. Hsu

• richu333 at 2008-08-01

By now, it is clear, flytogame will be the winner of this championship, congratulate!

And look forward to the championship 6

• ypercube at 2008-08-01

Clear ?

• euhuang at 2008-10-12

We now can conclude that Infinity will be the winner of the Connect6 Championship #5. Congratulations!

• Infinity at 2008-10-18

Thanks! At the very beginning i got 2 loss, so the start of championship was bad for me. Later, i think, i was a liitle more lucky than others. See U in the next championship :)

• ondik at 2008-10-19

wow, congrats Infinity, have to admit i'm very surprised :)

• euhuang at 2008-10-20

In this Championship deciding game, I think Infinity's move 45 is so creative. I bet there are still many people do not understand how the game is over on this move.

On the other hand, I wonder why Connect6 played this game like this (move 38 and 40, placing stones on the corner). Did he consider this game would be a draw when he made the move 38? In a recent discussion with Prof. I-Chen Wu about how to avoid C6 drawing game, there is a proposal: when the game is likely to be a draw, the player who first passes a move and the game ends up being a draw is the winner of that likely-to-be-a-draw game. So, this player must be very sure that after he/she makes a pass, there is no way for his/her opponent to win the game. The merit of this proposal (better than counting the number of 5-in-a-row's) is that the game playing strategy won't be changed, at least before the game outcome is not clear yet. (If we adopt the method of counting the number of 5-in-a-row's, the game playing strategy might be significantly different starting from the beginning.)

Nevertheless, I consider this move 45 is so far one of the best moves I have ever seen from this Championship#5 tournament. Do you guys want to point out other wonderful moves to share with others?

• Infinity at 2008-10-20

The Draw with connect6 wouldn't changed the first place. If he wrote me a suggestion to make a draw, i would agree. As for me, i do not understand his moves (38 and 40) The idea of counting 5-in-a-row's at the end makes game more interesting, i think.

• richu333 at 2008-11-11

Celebrate Infinity's masterful performance!

By the way, the two winners of connect6.ch.5.2.2 are Belgian and French!

• euhuang at 2008-11-22

ï¼·ell, I won't trust too much the nationalities indicated in players' profiles. As I know, MiRRoR is never a Frenchman. And we have great players from least known countries like Bhutan, Nauru.

• euhuang at 2008-11-22

Well, I won't trust too much the nationalities indicated in players' profiles. As I know, MiRRoR is never a Frenchman. And we have great players from least known countries like Bhutan, Nauru.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic