Commentator for new players TWIXT PP

2 replies. Last post: 2014-11-14

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Commentator for new players
  • D Crowe at 2014-11-13

Instructions on how to use the commentator link should be stuck or pinned  to the top of this forum as it might help and retain players that try Twixt and then leave. I know I played a quite a few games here before I realized what an asset it was by self-learning but a newer player that I am playing now was just like me and had no idea about it but now does and  is excited to start using it and will probably stick around longer for it. I'm not suggesting anybody use what I am going to paste below as other more accomplished players here could probably do a better job writing it but for what's worth it suggests multiple ways for one to use such a great tool…

Great! Now that you know how to get there you can view already played games of top players and study their set ups and how they win. Go here http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/games/gamedetail.jsp?gtid=twixt (twixt hompage) and click on any of top 10 players names. Once that page opens up look for their Twixt (hyper link) games among the other games below their name, Once that page opens up click on one of the games to view it (left side of page under “Game” with a lot to chose from). Then click the “Analyze…” link that you now know how to do that and when the virtual board opens up the game will be on the left side of the webpage and the moves on the right. Those moves are hyperlinks so click on 1.xy and it will take the board back to the initial move and then just click “next” and it will move you through the progress of how they won the game. It’s a great way to learn how the great playes and Masters do it (a Master player has a rank of 2500 and up). You can also do the same by clicking on your opponent’s name (me for instance) in our game, and open up a page with my games, and then click on my games and then you’ll able to see how I or any of your other Twixt game opponents won games once you get to the virtual board. Hope it helps you out Finn.

• Carroll at 2014-11-14

An other great asset to lear and analyze games is the Twixt Commentator for example see http://twixt-commentator.duckdns.org/game/1650941.

You get 15 pages of analysed games among the best players and if you create an account you can modify/add your own analysis.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic