Infinity TWIXT PP

7 replies. Last post: 2014-11-06

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Infinity
  • D Crowe at 2014-11-05

Why doesn't a player like tizio, who has indicated he/she is on vacation but last connect was on 7/17/14, timed out or removed from the game altogether? Right now I am just sitting there with this person who hasn't made a move

yet and going though all their vacation day loops. Just when you think they have run out another 24 or 16 hours is added (can't remember what it resets to) and on it goes. I like Infinity because I don't have a lot of time right now

but here I am stuck in a 1 move battle (I'm winning at least:) for who knows how long. Players who's last connect was over 4 months ago should automatically be removed from a game like Infinity because the likely hood

of that player returning is well…infinity.

• William Fraser at 2014-11-05

I agree.  It has been mentioned more than a few times.

However, it isn't true that the player let us know that he was on vacation.  It's just side-effect of the fact that he has run out of time.

Here's the way that Vacation works, for those not familiar with it:

At the start of the year, your set of vacation days is set to 20.  (This usually also happens after major Little Golem outages).

Every time the server notices that you have timed out in a game (which is usually within 1 hour of the time you actually do so, but may be longer when some process on the server falters, which happens every few months), the following happens:

1.  You lose one day of vacation.2.  Any games you have with negative time are set to zero.3.  24 hours are added to all games.

• William Fraser at 2014-11-05

A bit more detail on #3 above:

24 hours are added to your clock if it is your move.  This may push your clock above 240 hours.  However, as soon as you move, you clock will be reduced to 240 hours (and increased to 36 hours if your clock was negative when you move….)

• D Crowe at 2014-11-06

Thanks WF. Seems to me that if the computer can recognize when it's time to reset for vacation it could do it permanently if programmed for that after .  So does that mean that this person is never leaving “my games”?

• William Fraser at 2014-11-06

Eventually, they will run out of vacation days, then they will lose on time.

• D Crowe at 2014-11-06

So this person will stay in the Infinity rotation and irritate the next player he/she is paired with? That is so wrong. Why aren't players deactivated from games they are in if they haven't connected/logged in over a certain period of time (of course not in the situation where they aren't actively playing)? Seems easily enough to do and also the right thing,especially in games like Infinity where there automatic paired with another player.

• hyperpape at 2014-11-06

It's an old topic, and there are a lot of ideas to improve things. I hope Richard has it in his plans.

Here is some discussion that I just bumped: http://littlegolem.net/jsp/forum/topic2.jsp?forum=1&topic=2750.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic