People vs mootwo in Championship 48.1.1 Hex, Havannah

3 replies. Last post: 2020-04-29

Reply to this topic Return to forum

People vs mootwo in Championship 48.1.1
  • Arek Kulczycki at 2020-04-29

Hey players!

Maybe we all can share our games vs mootwo and do analysis together so that we maybe get 1 win among all games?

I think this will be fair to all players if we all agree to collaborate. Doesn’t matter who of us takes a win, but we will have 9 chances instead of just 1 :)

I was inspired by Twixt community who collaborated to win vs bot. Starting a new Hex game just for this would not work with current situation where people do not actively participate in the forum. However, given that the bot is already intruding and we will have to play vs it... Who’s in? :)

• kspttw at 2020-04-29

It’s a general good idea to spend some time on analysis, and playing against a good player (like a good bot) seems a good opportunity to do that.

I’m willing to join common analysis, not necessarily (but possible) during the championship.

Although next season I will play at 2nd division.

• lazyplayer at 2020-04-29

I would like to join but we need a tool to share and store the analysis. We need a tool to store the TREES...

In fact now that I think about it, the concept is simple. The website store a tree, with a win/lose/unknown attribute at each leaf. Every player can join the effort and expand one leaf of his choice. When one leaf is expanded, new leaves are found below it, and the player has to assign a win/losing/unknown attribute to each new leaves. The tool will automatically backpropagate.

The tool also has to handle transpositions of course. And perhaps it should store some statistics regarding number of times each move has been followed before expansion.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic

Include game board: [game;id:123456] or [game;id:123456;move:20] or [game;id:123456;move:20;title:some text]