This is stupid Game of Empathy

18 replies. Last post: 2006-03-03

Reply to this topic Return to forum

This is stupid
  • Hjallti ★ at 2006-03-01

I don't understand that today people have chosen some unknown nobody rather then a real expression… sorry to put it this way, but I feel this is not about “empathy” but about co?ncidental knowledge

• KPT at 2006-03-01

hey!!

its a interesting game…

lets play , think , and have fun!!

• Ed Collins at 2006-03-01

Chuck Norris and unknown nobody? Really? I would have thought he was world famous. He certainly is over here in the United States.

• Iluvatar at 2006-03-01

I think he meant the previous game, “Most unknown countries”, and not Chuck Norris.

• klaashaas at 2006-03-01

I think he does mean Chuck Norris. Hjallti must be unknown with the Chuck Norris jokes that are currently traveling around the globe, otherwise he wouldn't call an unknown nobody. Hjallti, you can check the urban dictionary for 'Chuck Norris' (I won't provide a link) to get an idea of what this guy is capable of!

• Marius Halsor at 2006-03-01

I think having people as expressions is a bad idea. If I say “Stoltenberg”, how many of the non-Norwegian people will have any assosiation at all? OK, so maybe some will say “Norway”, but it stops there…

Only if Stoltenberg would be spelled with the O in your name.

I was afraid that Chuck Norris would be some name that some people are acquainted with, and for which those people would consider him world famous (Anyone knows Eddy Merckx, Lance Armstrong, Johan Cruyff, Babe Ruth).

From Klaashaas' intervention, I reckon it's a cartoon character, and probably I have laughed at some of the jokes… but I might not even have known that it was chuck Norris.

By the way 'most unknown countries' I did play… and it is fun also to see it as somehow self-refering paradox (most points go to the most known most unknown country)

• ypercube at 2006-03-01

hey, who is Eddy Merckx? Who is Lance Armstrong. I only know Louis Armstrong. And who is Babe Ruth?

• pulsifer at 2006-03-01

just google him.

(but only this once to find out who he is. you see: every time someone googles “chuck norris”, and angle louses its wings.

and implodes.

• Hjallti ★ at 2006-03-02

That is exactly what I meant with calling this expression stupid.

Eddy Merckx is the greatest athlete ever for those who know anything about cycling. And Babe Ruth I won't tell because I don't know for sure but his also a sport legend.

• Rex Moore at 2006-03-02

This thread is a perfect example of why Empathy is such an interesting game. Trying to figure out what people from other countries will think is fascinating.

For instance, it's surprising for me to read that someone I've barely heard of is considered the “greatest athlete ever,” or to read that anyone is unfamiliar with Babe Ruth.

Today's “Holland” game should be quite a fun challenge for us non-Europeans!

• ypercube at 2006-03-02

For the Europeans, too!

• Tim at 2006-03-02

Especially for the Dutch!

• klaashaas at 2006-03-03

Congrats to Kellen Kooistra for winning the 'Holland' game. His profile says he's from the USA, but his name shows a connection with the Netherlands:)

• CleverHunk steven cullum at 2006-03-03

I hope some of the expresions used dont get to retarded

• acr01 at 2006-03-03

It should be noted that Eddy Merckx is from Hjallti's home country; his superstar status is somewhat relative.

• KPT at 2006-03-03

this game now is stupid…now we r agree “if u have a superpower…”

Return to forum

Reply to this topic