• Ingo Althofer at 2006-08-22

Something strange seems to be

going on in EinStein tournament

einstein.mc.2006.aug.1.48

Can someone explain this?

Ingo Althofer.

• Theo van der Storm at 2006-08-22

Indeed very strange:

3 out of 5 people resigning early in a game type where resigning is rarely seen.

Who is null?

How was resigning triggered?

Anyone?

Theo

• luiser at 2006-08-28

I think that tournament should be cancelled. It's obviously faked.

Luise

• Ray Garrison at 2006-08-28

I disagree, it is not so obviously a fake tournament. Note that the three players who resigned all their games early all had a starting rating of 1500 and played a few moves before resigning. perhaps they tried the game and decided they did not like it, so they all three quit. the remaining two players, both serious contenders, played a 65 move match that was very close. It is highly unlikely that three beginers would all decide they did not like EinsStein and then drop out of the match, but after hundreds of tournaments, this could statistically occur…once every so often…

• Marius Halsor at 2006-08-29

I agree with Ray on this one. The fact that there wera actually two players left, and that the other three resign their games against both of these, leads me to believe that Ray is right.

• luiser at 2006-08-29

And what about dots.mc.2006.aug.1.7? Coincidence?

• hanfried_c at 2006-08-29

See also soccer.mc.2006.feb.1.62.

Or more extreme with slightly different players:

The november 2005 monthly cups number 54, 55 and 56. In these three tournaments just a single game was finished without resigning.

• Ray Garrison at 2006-08-30

ok, I stand corrected. Looking at the other tournaments referenced in this forum, it is obvious that there is foul play. “Brian”, “family Guy”, “apple” and “(blank)” all entered the same tournaments and then resigned to each other after a few moves. maybe in one tournament, but in several touranments of different types? the same exact players? no, this is obvious cheating and should certainly be addressed by the site administrators…anyone know how to notify the powers that be??

• Hjallti ★ at 2006-08-31

There is only one administrator: Richard Malaschitz.

You could ask him, but I don't think he will interfere… he has not so much time for this site and he tries to keep everything up and running.

It seems that such kind of cheating, foul as they are, not affect the general play but only those single tourneys. Richard rarely reacted on such.

Still it would be better to stop the rating interfering with the championships because such a foul play can be used as artificial rating increase.

• Ray Garrison at 2007-02-06

this is another example of brian cheating. i just pulled up this old forum from August last year.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic