"Sam's" are cheater(s)? Dots and Boxes

14 replies. Last post: 2005-08-07

Reply to this topic Return to forum

"Sam's" are cheater(s)?
  • Draakhan (on vacation) at 2005-05-06

Look at this game. It's interesting that one Sam resign to second Sam 5 minutes after starting the game, both from Netherlands, both are playing their games in the same time, etc. Does Sam deserve to be banned? Perpaps…

• Barry at 2005-05-06

It's not just that tournie :

check these 2005 groups apr 1.23, 1.24, 1.25, 1.26 + may 1.1

• Draakhan (on vacation) at 2005-05-06

Huh, “nice”… I just reported it to Richard, maybe he'd do something with this.

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2005-05-09

But, what can I do ?

• Greck at 2005-05-09

having fun is main point of LG. It's hard to get tired of having fun. However, Sam will get tired soon of doing such things that, by the way, are not prohibited in any way in the policies of LG.

If you find someone cheating, just resign. He will get tired soon.

Furthermore, as Richard says, what can he do?

• movieloverxxl at 2005-05-09

Sam is an annoying forum-stalker on another turned based site. But he is a very funny 12 year old kid who is managing all the time to make me laugh, just doing ridiculous stuff. Just like he is doing now.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (silly kid)

grtz

Tom

• Micky at 2005-05-09

There arn't any prizes for winning games, or even tournies, having two identities in tournies isn't going to win him anything, let's just treat it all as a bit of fun, no need to be too serious.

• snipke at 2005-05-10

It's true he doesn't win with it. But it's a form of cheating, which should be forbitten…

It's not funny for the other players, i think…

• Micky at 2005-05-10

The one form of cheating that annoys me is people using computer assistance to make moves for them, for me a few people with a couple of log in names, or the same person having a couple of shots at the same tourney isn't going to improve there chances of winning, if they are playing a stronger opponent.

• oord2000 at 2005-05-12

How typical of him :)

• Hjallti ★ at 2005-05-16

Actually I don't agree that it doesn't change the chance of winning… the bit of luck involved in streetsoccer might make it interesting to resign a game in the end to that Sam with most points…

• Marius Halsor at 2005-05-25

Richard, you asked: “What can I do”?

First, you need to decide whether or not you think this should be allowed or not. If you decide that it should NOT be allowed, then you should have a policy page / rules page which states the rules of Little Golem. If you say something like “no player is allowed to have more than one account”, then this kind of behaviour would be illegal. (Oh, and you should forbid the “man in the middle”-strategy while you're at it - this has been discussed in other forums).

OK, the next steps are more problematic. You need to decide whether or not you think it is very probable that a player is violating your rules. If you think it is, I suggest you send him a message, and give him a warning and an opportunity to defend himself against any accusations. If the cheating continues, well, you might have to close his account.

I'm not saying you HAVE to do these things. Some people might find this a bit too serious for a site like this. I also can understand that this will give you some unpleasant tasks. Anyway, _I_ believe that a rules page would be very nice, so at least we all know what is allowed and what is not. How the rulebreakers are dealt with, is another issue.

By the way, I really think this discussion belongs in the main forum, as various kinds of cheating are a problem for several games.

• Sam at 2005-08-01

Movielover, waarom maak ik je aan het lachen, sorry mensen dat ik dit in het nederlands typ maarja, mijn engels is niet zo goed. Wie zijn hier moderators? Ik word hier niet eens gestraft voor valsspelen

• arno at 2005-08-07

punishing is a famous word for you isn it ?:P

Return to forum

Reply to this topic