Is this position correct? StreetSoccer

7 replies. Last post: 2003-11-09

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Is this position correct?
  • Ricardo (Santos) at 2003-11-06

This is the game and position: http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=87824

I know I can't reach the ball with the '3' I got, but could I reach it even with a '6'? To reach the ball I would either have to go outside the sidelines or through the fields in front of the goal, which both I thought is not allowed. If this is the case it is impossible for me to reach the ball. If it is allowed to go through the fields in front of the goal but not to stop there, I will need a high number even to get close to the ball. This might have been discussed before but I have not found it. Anyone that has the answer? Thanks!

• Tore S at 2003-11-06

You can go both ways. It is allowed for players to go outside the lines, players can even be placed on fields outside the lines.

You can also pass through the fields in front of the goal, but a player cannot stop there (unless he hits the ball, in which case the plaer will be replaced automatically)

• Marius Halsor at 2003-11-06

You can pss through the area in front of the goal, but not stop there.

You are right that you'll need a high number to reach the ball, but that's not an issue. In fact, there is no problem in constructing legal possitions where you cannot reach the ball even with a “6”. If you're laying behind, you need to be offensive and try to prevent your opponent from getting into a good defencive position like your opponent has managed in this game.

Marius

• Ricardo (Santos) at 2003-11-06

OK, thanks!

But, still, what I meant with a high number was not exactly the number required to reach the ball in this move but in general. For example, in this position I can't put my player in front of the goal and thus have to go to the left (or back). In the next move I would need at least a four to be able to pass the area in front of the goal or first an odd number and then at least three, so actually this position restricts my access to the ball (for example with only 1s and 2s I would never even get close to the ball, if I choose to take that way). Of course if I take the other way around and go outside the lines, then this is not the case.

Well, ok… it seems it is time to cross the borders marked for play… ;)

Ricardo

• Andy Olsen at 2003-11-07

On move 32 I think you should have kicked the ball backwards towards some of your own guys instead of allowing him to trap the ball in the corner. Maybe just immediately behind your guy, or maybe further.

• Subtleblue at 2003-11-09

Pesonally, I think that you should just resign to your opponent. In protest, of course. :)

• Ricardo (Santos) at 2003-11-09

;)

Return to forum

Reply to this topic