moving.. StreetSoccer

14 replies. Last post: 2003-08-18

Reply to this topic Return to forum

moving..
  • na_wspak at 2003-08-03

i thought i could move one player on next field or kick the ball useing one dice point and then would have possibility to chose again a player to move or kick the ball. wouldnt it be better and more playable?

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2003-08-04

No. Corné van Moorsel tested rules of this game 20 years.

• Robin at 2003-08-04

What if the ball is in a corner of the field and two players of the same color are at the squares next to it?

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2003-08-04

Player can pass white line.

• Robin at 2003-08-04

Ok. But then I think it's still possible to create a situation in which the ball is in the corner and one of the players can't get to the ball anymore.

• Hjallti ★ at 2003-08-05

I think Richards point was that this game is tested.

Discussions like this are done over all these years by people knowing the game:

“of course a player could place his 5 players around the ball so it is not accessable, it is not possible at the beginning (2 players are already put), and it takes a lot of time, so it would be a very strang game, if you manage to score and then create this situation…”

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2003-08-06

Maybe some new rule will be necessary. For example is not allowed to have 3 or more players on field beside of ball.

• LZJ at 2003-08-12

Marius Halsor in game http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=68135 just did this.

As I haven't found exact rules (i.e. about kicking to out or corner), I realy don't know how to get from this…

• FC Cwali at 2003-08-12

In the StreetSoccer-rules on this site Richard wrote:

“You may not around the ball so that the opponent can not reach the ball. This rule is not implemented.”

Another rule in the StreetSoccer-rulebook is:

“In case the ball is in a corner of the field 3 players around it is not allowed.”

For the situation in your match it's hard to say if that is legal in accordance to this rule, but it is against the intention of this rule.

Your opponent was leading 1-0 and I think you gave him too much chance to build this situation (and he was lucky to throw precise 5), but I would say: shift one of those players away to continue the game. (Then the situation on the field is still strange.) As long there is no 'computer-rule' for this.

I don't know at the moment how the computer-rule should be? No 3 players of one team in the 8 spaces around the ball? I will look how often that happens in situations where it 'should' be legal. In princip such a rule would be a good short rule to exchange with the longer text at “anti-kill-joy-rule” 3 in the boardgame-rulebook. It could help too against a problem which can occur since the 4 spaces in and aside the goal are not accessable anymore by players.

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2003-08-12

I remove last moves from this game.

I must soon implemented rule: After move ball must be accesible to opponent player and goal cannot be blocked.

• LZJ at 2003-08-18

Thanks,

this is one of my first games. Now I know more about rules and tactics.

I think that situation wasn't against corne's rules. In the corner was closed not only ball but even one my player.

• ypercube at 2003-08-18

A similar and interesting situation appears at Game #68008 - move 12 where yellow has a five and cannot reach the ball!

Why is that ? I dont'know. Probably because of a rule that says a player cannot go inside small area of opposite goalkeeper. Any comments?

• klaashaas at 2003-08-18

Yellow needs more than a 5 to reach the ball. It's possible to walk outside the field (so via the right, in this case). So this is not a case of 'killing the joy'.

I find it a bit unnatural, though, that a player cannot walk through the keeper's-area. I understand it cannot stay there, but passing the area should be allowed.

• Tore S at 2003-08-18

Yes, hyper, That is the reason. It should not be that way. A player is not allowed to stop on the two fields in front of the goal unless the ball is located on one of those squares.

This is a minor bug however. The player should be able to pass those squares, it would be harder to block the ball that way.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic