Question about Minishogi Chess forum

7 replies. Last post: 2018-08-24

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Question about Minishogi
  • Rbpompeu at 2018-08-22

Hello everyone

One of the possible conditions to win a minishogi match is the King to reach the first row of the opponent's side?

Cheers

• Rbpompeu at 2018-08-22

???

• Galdian at 2018-08-23

I think there is no such condition, it was introduced in Dobutsu shogi (3x4) and is not typical in shogi (it is similar to jishogi / impass, but it is not the same rule). I haven't found this rule in any minishogi ruleset.

But I doubt that there is an official minishogi ruleset, so it all depends on the person which were implementing it on LG. I would say that there is no such rule here, but I'm not 100% sure.

• Galdian at 2018-08-23

https://littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1946734&nmove=35 I understand that this game was counted as a loss for you due to this rule?

• Rbpompeu at 2018-08-23

Exactly Galdian! I wasn't aware of this rule. In fact, I'm not complaining about it because I think it gives a nice twist in the game. However it surprised me and that' s why I decided to check it. Thanks for your attention. Cheers

• Ray Garrison at 2018-08-24

the rule is if you get your king to your opponent's king's starting square, then you win.  This is clearly stated here at this site.  Click on “tournaments”  then click on “shogi” and at the top on the far right, click on “rules”.  The very first sentence is:

On Little Golem is implemented Try Rule. The player who brought his king to the initial position of his opponent's king wins the game.

• Rbpompeu at 2018-08-24

Believe it or not, I have just found this info in the internet!!!! I was about to open this topic and paste it when I saw you reply, Ray Garrinson. Thank you.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic