wish me luck and prayers (for the believers) General forum

14 replies. Last post: 2004-11-04

Reply to this topic Return to forum

wish me luck and prayers (for the believers)
  • pitirre at 2004-10-24

this november 2 in puerto rico we are going to have our elections and their is a strong posibility that rossello (he ran the island from 1992 and 2000) can be re-elected.

his administration was full of corruption and social tension…and now a large group of conservative freaks wants him again running the nation.

many of his gabinet are arrested and are in the process of being arrested…like 40 persons of his administration has been accused, admitted corruption.

the thing is that rossello felt an oportunity because the goverment we have now is kind of inept …so he saw a “break”.

all the statistics see him winning…im telling you, is terrible!!!

wish me luck …this elections, i feel, will determined if puerto rico has some of dignity, maturity and some kind of honor.

• Hjallti ★ at 2004-10-25

Good luck…

• Jupp at 2004-10-25

pitirre,

You're very courageous to say this in a public forum. I wish You best of luck possible in this affair.

• pitirre at 2004-10-25

well jupp, the true is that writing about it helps me to release some of the tension im feeling right now.

even yesterday, some of the christians fundamentalist groups-ultra right-conservative freaks has declare that rossello is the chosen from god to administrate (once again) puerto rico.

rossello even like to be called “the messiah”…

im an atheist but even i can understand this is some kind of blasphemy.

and u know what is more pathetic that one of his “buddies” from his administration (victor fajardo-secretary of education) that is now in prision for stealing most of the funds for education and giving it to his political party (rossello's partty) very openly and from prision advice the public to vote for rossello…

is incredible!!!!

this rossello is the product of what “public relations” can do for u and how misinformation been repeatit many times can become the “truth”…

people has short term memory

• David J Bush ★ at 2004-10-25

Maybe something can happen between now and then…

Good luck

• Alan Turing at 2004-10-26

Good luck, pitirre.

• Eduard at 2004-10-26

good luck pittire.

in nov. 28th, we'll have ellections also in our country, I hope my favourite will win!

• Crelo at 2004-10-26

Hey Eduard, everybody hopes their favorite will win :-)

pitirre, the question is if you have a better candidate to vote? In Romania corruption is wide spread, all I want is to change the government periodically so they do get accustomed to power :-)

• Crelo at 2004-10-26

… so they do NOT get accustomed to power :-)

• pitirre at 2004-10-26

creolo, that is a good question.

i believe tha acevedo vila (popular party) is better by far than rossello (progressive party) but do u know why he is running behind rossello?

because he is not good looking, charismatic and he looks like a homosexual…

this is the truth!!!!

puerto rico has become a nation that looks things in a superficial way. if u are ugly, insipid and looks like a homosexual then u are not effective.

but when one looks at the record of acevedo vila he is very competent and a winner…

and let me tell u that i dont belong to the popular party and dont believe in their ideals!!!

but i have to do a sacrifice about my ideals and vote for the popular party because they are the only one that have a chance to beat that narcisist, sychopath and “HIJO DE LA GRAN PUTA of rossello!!!!

this elections has become a referendum;

rossello; si o no (rossello; yes or no)

this not your tipical elections about progress or promises..is about if u want back rossello or send him to virginia where he bought an expensive house….

shit!!! he even cheated on his taxes and there are people who justified him!!!

shit!!!! what the hell they are thinkin about!!!!!!

• BlackLab at 2004-10-30

Sounds like George Bush…….

• Hjallti ★ at 2004-11-03

How were the elections? Here (in Belgium) in the news we only hear from elections in Ukrain (or one of the other former Soviet states) and somewhere in North-America but I forgot the name of the country =O}

• pitirre at 2004-11-03

thanks for asking.

ok, here i go; pedro rossello didnt win!!!!

but… only by a short margin; rossello took the 48.18 of the voters and acevedo 48. 38…there is a recount starting this monday.

and im telling you, rossello and his party tried to steal the elections and around 1.00am he was declaring himself the winner when the number were so close and still remaining 15% of the votes to count.

but the ugly thing and here comes the malicious minds and corrupt of this party; while rossello was declaring himself the winner some of their functionaries at the central elections offices (comision estatal de elecciones {where the process of counting is done}) were refusing to sign for permission to give some “unidades” (votes) from 3 municipalities…municipalities where the PPD (the “good” guys in this elections) where sure to have many votes because they are bastalions of the PPD. but around 1.50 am and around this time rossello was finishing his “aceptance speech” the director of the central elections office demanded the functionaries of the PNP (rossello's party) to sign and to give the “unidades” (votes) and continue the process of counting…

and did u know what happened?

inmadiately acevedo vila took off…he started winning nd took the lead very quickly.

i was disgusted by this kind of malicious act!!!!

right now, even so acevedo won the elections im worry about this recount bit…because the PNP can and are capable of anything to win.

like in 1980 when the PPD were winning the elections by 3, 000 votes and then…puff…the electricity when out, a blackout, and when the system came back the PNP, miracously, were winning by 3, 000 votes…and went on winning the elections an hour or so.

incredible!!!

so, in a way this elections are not necesarily over for me…is going to be a long anguish until the last vote recount.

that is the story by now here in puerto rico…ate least we have nice beaches and our women are the most beautiful of all.

;0)

• Hjallti ★ at 2004-11-04

Hopefully the recount will be more honest then the Florida recount 4 years ago when Baby-Bush stole it there, we're with you!

Return to forum

Reply to this topic