vacation reset? General forum

9 replies. Last post: 2017-08-01

Reply to this topic Return to forum

vacation reset?
  • Ray Garrison at 2017-07-29

I just checked my remaining vacation days, I was down to 7 or 8 days  I think, but it shows I have full vacation!  (30 days for members).  I know vacation has been reset in the past due to outages or crashes, but I don't recall any such outage recently.  Anyone know why vacation was reset?

• ypercube at 2017-07-29

No idea except that the reset happened before 18th of July.

• mmKALLL ★ at 2017-07-29

Well, as someone who only had two vacation days left, I was very pleasantly surprised by this! Would be forfeiting games currently if that didn't happen. :)

• Tommah at 2017-07-29

Sure, now that I'm all caught up on my games!  :P  For a while, I was playing 150 games or so, and I was using vacation days all the time.  Now I am down to 50 games, and I have 100+ hours left in all of them.

• Ban Dumb Motorways at 2017-07-30

Maybe change vacation routine to add 2 or 3 days every calendar month, to give 24 and 36 days a year

• Ban Dumb Motorways at 2017-07-30

That's maximums of 24 and 36 days

• michelwav at 2017-07-31

According to me, there are too many vacation days. It would be enough to give members 30 days only once a year and to give nothing to non members.

I arrived on this site a little more than 7 years and I have played a little more than 700 games.

I am not a quick player, but I never used any vacation day and, of course, I never lost any game by timeout.

For that, I have never more than 20 current games and, when I know I'll not have time for playing, I don't sign up for new games.

I like this site because there are many interesting games any many good and fair players.

But, for vacation days, some games take too much time. It is not very interesting to wait one opponent's move for weeks.

• Tasmanian Devil at 2017-07-31

I second that, michelwav.

• mmKALLL ★ at 2017-08-01

I only joined two years ago, and don't yet have sophisticated methods for estimating the vacation days I will need. Sometimes there just are two-week periods where I simply don't have the time or energy to play at LG, and sometimes learning a new game gets so exciting that I get into way too many monthly tournaments at once.

Despite the downsides, I think that vacation days are a great solution to an complex problem. I'd rather wait a day or two extra on a game (and play the other games in the meantime) than have my opponents play rushed moves because of timeout and lose otherwise very intense games because of that.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic