Should www.littlegolem.net leave or stay in the internet? General forum

33 replies. Last post: 2017-01-07

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Should www.littlegolem.net leave or stay in the internet?
  • unique at 2016-06-24

I vote LEAVE

• urmaul at 2016-06-24

Where else should it go?

• Tommah at 2016-06-24

As a compromise, LG has decided to leave the internet one day per week.  During those days, the site will not be available.

• ypercube at 2016-06-24

@Tommah, awesome! You are now my favourite player at golem.

• Nevermind at 2016-06-24

www.littlegolem.net might vote to leave, but WYSP, OSKI and GWG will have negotiations to launch their own referendum to stay as http://188.166.30.209

• Mirko Rahn at 2016-06-24

Beware, if you leave, the consequences will remain.

• Paul Wiselius at 2016-06-25

I do not understand this question. If lg leaves internet, how can I play on lg then?

• Ingo Althofer at 2016-06-25

Never, never, never. We need LittleGolem.net .

If Richard has problems organizing his work on LG the idea with one offline day per week might indeed be fine.

Ingo.

PS. Please make sure that December 31 will not become an offline day. We need the “last posting of the year” game.

• richyfourtytwo at 2016-06-25

In other leave-stay discussions the idea of leaving n days a week and staying m days a week with n+m = 7 (just generalising Tommah's suggestions a bit) hasn't even come up. This clearly shows what an incredibly intelligent bunch of people we are!

• David J Bush ★ at 2016-06-25

I vote that everything should be wonderful and we should all be happy from now on.

• mtbikesman at 2016-06-25

Did I blink and miss something?  Why would anybody want LG to leave the internet?

This is the only fun I have and the only friends I have.

Well, maybe the only fun I have.  I have no friends.

• PutinOnTheBlitz at 2016-06-26

Think bike man…how does this post relate to recent news events?

• mtbikesman at 2016-06-26

The only recent news I have been paying attention to is Bad Chad on the Bachelorette.

• mmKALLL ★ at 2016-06-26

Littlexit?

I vote no.

• PutinOnTheBlitz at 2016-06-27

LEXIT?

• David Milne at 2016-06-28

Those in favour of the Littlegolem exit, often worry about possible immigration problems. What would we do if we are inundated with thousands of new players all wanting to be involved with abstract games ??

• richyfourtytwo at 2016-06-28

Thanks David, for pointing out the real problems.

Some might think new people would be great, be beware of the cultural differences! These guys may bring totally new strategies that we have never seen. New chess openings. Ladder escapes never encountered before. Using ring threads where you'd never expect it. And so on. I think this is more than we can cope with.

• Paul Wiselius at 2016-06-28

Little or big exit: NO!!

• Marius Halsor at 2016-06-28

If LG votes to leave the internet, then it would need to negotiate a separate data exhange agreement with the internet. And will such an agreement be “free”, or would the transactions have to be paid? Imagine having to pay three bits for every kB transferred. Will LG have access to the inner data of the internet? Will LG simply end up having to adopt the laws decided upon within the internet, without the ability to affect such decisions? So many considerations…

• Carroll at 2016-06-28

Is Norway thinking to finally join the internet?

• Hjallti ★ at 2016-06-29

Here (in Belgium) I saw a cartoon with saying:

“Scotland can stay in Europe in the weekdays”

“while we get Scotland in the weekends”

• FingerPuppetsPullToy at 2016-09-21

I dont know if our fearless leader gets help with LG but if he dont ,he should.LG should be kept alive.

• someday LG will be played on earth,the moon  & mars
  • yung bandoum at 2016-09-21

Is this a troll forum??? Please tell me it's not. Besides school, this site is my life. (Not completely, don't worry about my health…)

• urmaul at 2016-09-22

Depends on how you define “troll forum”, maybe? People try to be witty sometimes, but I think it is normal, and not bad?

• William Fraser at 2016-09-22

No, this is not a troll forum.  This forum was created to bemoan the fact that, at the time, LG was having a significant number of days offline (and simultaneously to bemoan Brexit).

• marcmandy at 2017-01-03

…and now from the other side of the pond we may have LG immigration stopped at the wall, especially if it tries to come through Mexico… I don't know what will happen if it tries to come in thru Canada. The pesky Canadian immigration issue has yet to be discussed.

Additionally, we are s'posed to now be fearful of anyone different from us. Is LG different? I can't be sure, so I'm not sure what to think… but no matter what, LG should not count on getting ObamaCare if it goes down.

• Sighris at 2017-01-05

I think marcmandy has brought up some interesting ideas… if new aliens where to “Contact” us/LG wanting to play or even “Arrive” on this game server how should we respond? What if they want to play a game that we don't understand? Should we use our weapons to defeat them?

• Tasmanian Devil at 2017-01-05

They probably play go and hex.

• Harry Grafton at 2017-01-05

to play with aliens

would need to increase timeouts to at least 8.8 years per move for their move

to enable play with next nearest solar system

• David Milne at 2017-01-06

Someone claimed that any aliens would probably play Go.

Probably we should investigate doing a deal with Alpha2 to repel these invaders :-(

• ypercube at 2017-01-06

If they haven't advanced enough to invent Hex, they might be a threat indeed ;)

• Sighris at 2017-01-07

@ The_Burglar, not if they came here!  All of these new avatar images make me feel like we have been invaded! lol

BTW, if you like science-fiction movies check out “Arrival”, I thought it was even better than “Contact” (based on the book by Carl Sagan - but in Sagan's defense, his book was better than the movie, but that is not a knock on the movie, I thought it was very good, but it is difficult to adapt a book to the screen sometimes)… and if you watch the movie my post will have a double-meaning. :)

• KPT at 2017-01-07

i vote: burn it to the ground!

Return to forum

Reply to this topic